Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Cant believe i read all that for nothing?

/kickban eyebrowzzz47

1 Like

The Serratus deserves better than 4 or 5 songs, my robot brother, alright?

Let me do them as much Justice as I can, por favor :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Im kidding. I much rather prefer for people to go away and enjoy than to spend time writting stuff. That’s the biggest compliment. Leave the boring part for us.

1 Like

I know I know. I’m looking forward to more listening time, that’s for sure.

1 Like

If I wasnt on customs land, id send the alpha and tantalus so you guys would try them.

After having all the Rikubuds and Penon sets together at once, even the possibility of having all the TGXears buds together is a bridge too far.

Can’t even contemplate that possibility

2 Likes

Oh, if Icwas in the US wouldnt be just tgx gear ud hear lol

2 Likes

Just a reminding nudge to gather your thoughts about Storm and EX800ST

1 Like

I got you, in due time. Let me sit down and formulate a half decent group of words. Just currently at work and can’t focus 100% on it at the moment.

2 Likes

@GooberBM and @domq422 thanks for the shout out. It’s an honor to be able to get these IEMs and buds into the ears of those like @domq422, @cal_lando and you. To be able to see your thoughts here and spread the love. It’s also a tremendous joy following your write-up’s and get togethers. Had a good laugh following your play play to the meetup the other day. There’s also a slight amount of jealousy coming my way that I don’t have a bromance that I can share the IEM journey in person with. Instead I’m over here living vicariously through you two until my local IEM soulmate is found.

12 Likes

Yeah, we did get pretty lucky that way! But we couldn’t do half of this without all of you. So it’s your party too

3 Likes

Strange to think in a world so big, we just happened to live in the same city as one another - remarkable chances to say the least but don’t worry, bother - you’ll find your audiophile brethren soon enough - I have hope :sunglasses:

Thank you again for having a helping hand in making this happen, it will never be forgotten :handshake:

2 Likes

I was kinda missing having all these nice, fancy IEMs around, and missing my Fan 2’s, so I’m just putting on my headphones for shits and giggles.

Røde-NTH 100s are really not bad for (now) $120, if you want laid-back, neutral goodness. Just lacks some treble clarity, honestly. Remind me @domq422, I’m going to have to start mixing in some headphone demos for you LOL

1 Like

Getting cheaper they are too…

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004843916064.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.62201d06i3NHSk&algo_pvid=2ec95d54-e566-4953-895e-26ddb12ca174&algo_exp_id=2ec95d54-e566-4953-895e-26ddb12ca174-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000030713267347"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!GBP!241.2!168.83!!!!!%402145280e16736192488817728d0708!12000030713267347!sea&curPageLogUid=AEKlNbUoTfKM

1 Like

They get under $160, and buy them. cause that’s a steal. You probably are getting great value at $200 but I think we can do better! :rofl:

3 Likes

:open_mouth: :+1:

(10 thingies)

1 Like

Honestly, probably just do it. I’m biased cause I got the VIP 50% off deal. It’s probably not going to be a deal that good again. 35% off is tasty. I should probably re-review them because my words before don’t do justice to what I think they are now

1 Like

I’m preparing 2023 to be the year I dive into full size cans coupled with desktop amps and DACs so my body is ready for your reviews, brother!

I just picked up the Fan 2 through that link for $176. There is a current $25 off code that works: CARTERA25

1 Like

Oh hell no. I’m not BUYING AND REVIEWING headphones. I’ll bring the ones I have to some of our sessions. I have

• Sennheiser HD599SE
  • Røde NTH-100
  • SIVGA Robin
  • Harmonicdyne Poseidon
  • Meze 99 Noir

Then I got out of headphones because they’re not good price-to-performance, past the $200 mark (IMO) at all LMAO

3 Likes