Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003109134536.html
The matt finished version is the exact same in tuning yes?

1 Like

AFAIK, yes

1 Like

Price is down too, plus I could possibly score some more off wih a coupon.

You don’t encounter the 5k problem with the double filter mod?

At least on mine, I have less of a second peak at 5k, but an Olina filter brings it down a touch anyway.

I’m not as sensitive as MB or @rattlingblanketwoman at 5k, but I can be turned off if it’s too peaky. I don’t find Aurora too peaky

1 Like

Sweet to hear. Say have you ever done double filter mod on the Olina SE?

1 Like

Nope. I never did it on Olina. Didn’t find SE too bright to need bringing down but it would get a little smoother, I’m sure

1 Like

If you have time to experiment with that would you mind placing your thoughts? I’m curious what it would do for/to the bass.

@domq422 has my SEs currently so I can’t lol

2 Likes

Fffffuuuuuuu- ask him to lol

I’m trying to protect your bank account, man! I want it to be fat and happy and you’re trying to put it on a diet :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I thank you for keeping an eye out for it’s fullness man! If the Twilights are any concern for it though I bought them second hand at a reasonable price(-ish)

2 Likes

So I bought a KBear Pecker and started looking through the promotional material and stuff and have come to a shocking, terrifying discovery:

Many months ago, when talking to @domq422, I said (and may have said publicly too, I don’t remember at this point) “if KBear retuned Rosefinch with some BAs for the upper end, I’d probably buy that so quick).

Rosefinch configuration

Pecker configuration

Rosefinch/Pecker graphs

Boys, I think I spoke it into existence :flushed::flushed::flushed:

8 Likes

Goobs extended RosePecker!

4 Likes

I’d stop making jokes but now I kinda desperately need to stick some Peckers in my ears to confirm my hypothesis :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Sorry to burst you bubble, but that aint the same diaphragm.
Rosefinch: silicone (looks like PET to me on render and does not look like a composite).
Pecker: Composite with carbon dome + PU surround

2 Likes

You know way more than I do so I’ll concede that. But a very Rosefinch-like tuning that has BAs handling the highs still fits enough of what I was asking for that I still feel like the universe took my energy and carried it to KBear

2 Likes

and tbf, that pecker picture, doesnt look like a carbon dome + PU surround either…
Carbon would NOT look like a metal/shiny, its a lot darker and more matte.
Same for the PU surround, that would look like a PET (transparent)…

Probably another case where the renders are completely wrong…not the first time either… TRN EMX bud got caught with that as well.

Claimed beryllium driver.

But was found out to be only the dome that was metal. And probably PET surround.

1 Like

Too bad Hi-Fri isn’t on this. Compared to other tear downs he’s done, I’d be utterly riveted by a video on this

1 Like

A lot of renders are just made to look cool/marketable, rather than real. Not like 99.99% of the consumers get it anyway…

1 Like