Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

No, but even if I did, I would not tell you :joy:

Ps: not worth :joy:

1 Like

Ok dud, I’ll ask @pylaczynski :frowning:

I know you are mostly joking, but in regards to sources (fitting my taste obviously) I would suggest to everyone to wait for both Shanling M0 Pro and M1s. Do you think you would get along with any of those as review units in Dec?

Sure, I can get those assuming they are cheap.

I just bought a Shanling so :rofl:

Probably 100 and 200 usd.

Wow, some crazy M8/M7 DAP?

I’m ashamed of myself this week.

Yo you guys are all WILDIN’ and I don’t typically talk with my East Boston slang here, but yo wtf you mfs about right now??? :rofl: I’ve laughed a good bit on this forum with this whole eyebrow debacle, @GooberBM - Thank you, sir. You’ve given me some serious laughs the last few hours along with everyone else. @nymz I’m sorry but I am taken, buddy. But if I wasn’t … Buys plane ticket to Portugal

Alright. With that being said - I absolutely will not take ANY responsibility for this purchase, @nymz. I absolutely cannot with a sane and sound mind rec ANY set over $100. I’ve always accepted the fact that no matter how much I want, I will never become a reviewer. This is something I came to the conclusion to about a year ago - It just doesn’t make any sense for a person like me, with the ears I have, to be over here recommending anything to anyone.

You sir, have so many sets that range from $20 up to TOTL pricing, so the Monarch is not going to blow your mind like it did for me. I went from the Timeless. It was a grand upgrade for me, so they do impress me a lot more than say, someone like you, who has had a whole plethora of IEMs travel across your desk. I will say that if you’re looking for a set that is Sub bass boosted, with damn near perfect mids (If not perfect honestly), with an interesting treble experience with those EST drivers, than you’re going to love the Monarchs. It’s hard to fault them in my eyes. I agree with @GooberBM on the bass front - to my ears, they have plenty of bass. Sub bass is extremely present, they have a nice rumble that is powerful but not overbearing. The mid bass is absolutely there, I do not find it lean in the slightest, but it is super clean. The mids like I said before are basically perfect to me. What they lack in warmth, they make up for in genuinely amazing clarity and naturalness. Some recordings come across so life-like, that the vocalist appears in front of you, in the same room with the instruments surrounding them. It’s a beautiful presentation that takes a little time to appreciate, Goober did not have this time to really sit down and listen to an entire album to really appreciate this. Which makes me want to set up another meet, dedicated to just listening.

I’m done rambling. @nymz you’re an absolute mad man. Enjoy the Monarchs. I hope #1 that they fit you and #2 that they do not disappoint you. 2 pieces of advice I can give you is to change the cable out to something thinner and lighter weight. I’m a lunatic so I still have an equally heavy cable on mine because it looks just so damn good, but something like the Kinera Leyding is a great match up for them. The 2nd part to that is basically throw away the stock tips - They’re an embarrassment to have in the same packaging in my opinion.

Happy listening, my friend @nymz. Report back to us, we’ll be waiting. And @GooberBM let’s do it again, brother. Let’s not let time get away from us :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Sir, you evolved from yet another regular user into a freaking audio whale in really no time :stuck_out_tongue:

@nymz you are a very not good guy, for the brick you just made @domq422 shit :joy::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ahahah soft hearted boy. That’s why I love him

1 Like

If I like Mona2, I’ll send you two some gift

1 Like

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: Well now I’m even more excited!

1 Like

Ahahah I love playing audio russian roulette with people. It’s scary when you have the power on your hands to make someone dunk 1k and you just freeze. It was funny to see Goober shiting his pants and after he saw my order, even Pmd me ahah.

Dont worry, I always troll and sound like a fool. But I don’t make stupid money moves. After all, I’m a reviewer and a financial controller. It’s all smokes and mirrors. As far as anyone know, it could be a sample :stuck_out_tongue:

@pylaczynski just called me a whale. What most people never realized was that I was one for a long time and I’m now pooling cash for baby even, not rly spending. A lot of people like to own 4x 600 tribids, i prefer a u12t. That’s optics, but somehow people associate totl with much money spent when in fact, sometimes, they spent more than I did. All my journey was calculated. 1y ago I said one day id cash out my 4 600$ sets and get a u12t. Investment over time vs buyout.

I’m always transparent and that’s why I’m sharing this. Also I still own a shitload of samples and I can get discounts in exchange for reviews. Monarch2 was purchased last week and shipped today. I was laughing my ass off while cooking some mean risotto.

Oh and this is my new thread now. Hello.

5 Likes

Chess GIFs | Tenor

And this little bitch is lording his risotto over us?

What a glorious troll!

1 Like

Lesson number one of audio/reviews: be a great cook. Your gf will never be mad and when she is, just cook more.

Mushrooms and Parmeggiano

3 Likes

My dude! That sounds delicious!

1 Like

Cooking gets better with some iems/buds on your ears. Nothing screams seasoning as some mean Vivaldi strings or chopping veggies bouncing to old school techno.

I don’t bake tho. That’s my gfs specialization. She pulls cheesecakes out of her sleeve in minutes.

2 Likes

Absolute mad man you are, Nymz. Nothing but love, my dude :handshake:

1 Like