Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Oh man, can’t wait to get the Estrella and compare it with my favorite iem atm: the ISN H60. It has the best bass from 2DD i’ve heard
Maybe do a Penon vs Linsoul battle j4f, idk =)))))

7 Likes

While I am a little pissed you put out your review before me, I’ll give it you, wonderfully written, Goobs

8 Likes

To summarize: If the Estrella was released by Vision Ears it would probably cost around $800-900 or more. Like the CKLVX D41 (I still can’t believe this thing cost me $140) , if released by Thieaudio it would cost around $600 (see Oracle 3 for reference, Ooooh yes, there are ESTs :smile:).
All this shows that the price these days is very relative and in many cases it means nothing. Enjoy the stars you can touch with your hand! @SE

giphy

5 Likes

Looking at their product line, probably $1300-1600

6 Likes

Looks like my next purchase will be the Ziigaat x Jay Audio Estrella.
(Still on HOLD for the time being, lol)

Meant this to be a reply to @GooberBM

3 Likes

Is there a Squig out for the Estrella? I want to compare it to a few of my favorite tunings.

There are a couple concerns about the Estrella for me.

1. It is likely I will need to mod it for my preferred tuning.
  2. Ziigaat’s reputation for stealth revisions and QC.
  3. I rarely listen to hybrid IEMs. I use single DD or multi-BA units. I must unconsciously (and, at times, consciously) get annoyed by timbre/phase/etc. differences of hybrids. So, I might not use the set, despite it having many merits.

I will wait for more reviews and see what the price is come 11.11. But, the Estrella sounds very promising.

6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Beat ya to it boooooooi

3 Likes

What @ctjacks336 said

4 Likes

Look at Jays tape mods on his graph🤙

3 Likes

Thanks for the links!

1 Like

Was picking up a usb-b cable to actually maybe use the ST-Amp dac and said for $15, get back to my ultra budge roots and try out the ND Venus that just came out. Cons are it’s a QDC connector if you don’t have a cable you like for that and it is a cheap plastic toy shell.

You can do way worse in sound for the price of a Big Mac meal though, if you just need sound in your earholes

2 Likes

looks like the qc aint that good but well…

Sound
Price
QC

Pick 2. :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know that reviewer and his squig so I have no clue if that is his coupler, QC or what. For that price, it functions and doesn’t sound like ass. If you need something cheap, that’s good enough lol

3 Likes

Yeah, you have to be an ass to complain at that price tbh…

5 Likes

So, it sounds like a major element of my concerns turned into reality. That sucks for Jay and all those that pre-ordered the set. I would rather I was proven wrong about Ziigaat and the IEM stayed true to Jay’s tuning.

4 Likes

Joyce’s graph:

6 Likes

After an extended journey with many twists and turns:

I haven’t done a Penon-fest in a while and now I have the TSMR-X and ISN Neo 3 in hand.

Early observations are that one of these sets regrets not making it here before I got to hear Estrella, and one actually trades some punches with the Street Champ.

Stay tuned to see which is which :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

I ran out of likes but I like this

and I bet the Neo 3 is the one trading some blows :melting_face:

4 Likes