Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Ooooooh…. Exiting!!. I think it is the X that is trading blows​:grimacing:. Can’t wait to hear what you think!! :smile:

Edit: typos😅

3 Likes

Neo 3 wins……my guess

2 Likes

X ftw! with some luck I’ll have the Estrella side by side with my X next week

2 Likes

It’s not a prediction, it’s a spoiler:

15 Likes

Haha, booo! My heart’s with the X, regardless :laughing:

1 Like

I’m a rake for midbass. Can’t fix that, what can I say?

1 Like

:scream:

Really….?? :laughing:

1 Like

It’s more chilled out PhoenixCall…so yup

1 Like

It’s nothing new, but I am fascinated by how different we humans prefer and hear sound😅

Neo 3 was never for me, but I seem to be on the opposite side to most people here, just like with Symphonium Meteor. :blush:

4 Likes

Sort of like a … Dark Phoenix?

I see what you did there…but not really, no

2 Likes

Love the Neo 3 but it could have had better air flow

Yup, @trouble and me also came to same conclusion :sweat_smile:

Think design is kinda cool, look like candy :grin:

2 Likes

They both sure are pretty… I’m usually not an orange guy but there really aren’t that many orange IEMs so, that’s a win!

Nah, I think we all kinda feel like that from time to time. I hardly think many people have my preference for bass shelves emphasizing midbass and treble emphasizing 8-10khz.

We’re all special snowflakes, at the end of the day

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, finding a cable I like the aesthetic with the Neo 3 is more challenging. But the color and lightness of the shell makes it the first IEM I really like the NiceHCK SilverCat with…so go figure

3 Likes

Gotta say that back vent is the Neo 3s superpower. If the feeling is Neo 3 was too warm/bloated, doing the same kind of tape mod as Estrella puts that midbass into the gym and tightens it up.

The overall sound is an improved Fan 2/Cinno, in that midcentric style. I like the midbass boom-boom but with the 3 smaller drivers, the sound is very well balanced

7 Likes

:rofl:……. I love it​:smile:

1 Like

it is indeed a rare post from you oozing praises under this discussion title. it must be distinctly unique in the good sense. i have shanling ua 5 and fiio ka5 for balanced outputs. I would be thankful to receive your guidance as to how the STAMP stands to redefine or improve upon their inbuilt amp. will it be in stage/layer/seperation ( these are what i crave). I have iems only.
regards

1 Like