Good AMP for 250 ohm DT880, for about 100$ and which can be bought inside EU?

:smile:

“EU store” or are they selling organs now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Saw that coming?

I suppose “eye store” could peddle cheap knockoffs of Apple products? :laughing:

Yeah true, but it’s overpriced. 135 Euro for Fulla 3. Don’t know how much is the shipping. However it’s out of stock, which doesn’t really matter that much, because I’m not buying now. More like in a few months. Just doing the research ahead.

It also sounds like Czech Republic imposes additional fees. Which sucks. I’m not sure how to help you. Have friends or family in a neighboring country more shipping friendly you can have order it and take a train ride to pick it up?

Then of course there’s a pandemic problem.

Nope, but I can order from Amazon Germany with free shipping and if I order anything from inside of the EU I don’t pay customs and other fees.

XD IDK how my phone fucking did that

1 Like

In the US Amazon facilitates sales of Monoprice and Schiit products, albeit for a markup. Do they not do the same for their German store?

Check German Amazon for Fiio K5 Pro. It might be a bit over your target price but will suit your needs. For a 250ohm headphone, the FX Audio DAC-X6 is a viable starter option.

It’s 300$

The K3s price is my ceiling.

Which one is $300? The Fiio or the FX?

Probably the Fiio. That sounds way crazy for the DAC-X6.

If you can get the X6 for a decent price I think it’s probably your sweet spot. It’s not the best sounding device ever but it will have the power your DT880 needs. The K3 sounds better when it has the power. The DT880 will probably push the K3 too hard, though.

The Fiio
But I think it’s no longer sold here, because for example the e10k is sold here for fair price, it’s more of a markup, because it’s not really that available here.

If you’re talking about this: Amazon.de
Then it’s actually just about 75$ on Amazon germany with free shipping to Czech rep.
So, you are saying the DAC-X6 is better than the K3, at least for my headphones, right?

Yes, that’s the one. And yes, IMO that will be a better solution for headphones >150ohms.

Ok, thanks for the advice.
Will note it and wait if some other solutions come up so I have something to choose from. I don’t want to rush this purchase.

After some time I am back at this again. Searching for AMP/DAC for 100$ in the EU.
Currently using my onboard audio (Maximus VIII Hero), which is not terrible, but could be better.

The question is: Will 100$ AMP/DAC help at all, because my onboard isn’t that bad.

And am I still looking at FiiO E10k and DAC-X6 mkII?

You can already import a Shiite Magni or Jds labs Atom from the Usa to Europe.
As a rule, only the VAT of your country will be added.
Because in the Eu up to 150€ is only VAT, if it goes beyond then comes a customs duty on it.

With a Schiit or Jds Labs you are definitely served for the first if you want to use your Dac or rather that of your Pc, also price-wise seen.

Since Corona is still rampant, you may even get away better that you do not pay the VAT.
Also, at the moment there is a huge amount of parcel flood.they can not take every package and say here VAT on it.
Is certainly also bit of luck no question and even if.In Germany usually come 19% VAT on it that are ca.15€ so even if the Shia or the Jds Atom for 115€ with shipping directly bekommst have made a good.
If necessary, just 15 € more on it and for 130 € can not complain.

Look a little bit on the exchange rate watch out then that fits.If the dollar is down make the better.
And if a Dac still needed then I would look at the Topping E30 times.Den findest also at Amazon.
As a Dac / amp in one unit it is a bit hard to find what for 100 €.

True, but the shipping from the US itself cost a lot (when having 100$ budget) and the VAT is a lottery. Are there some alternatives, which could be bought locally?

Also what about the Fulla? (If I consider US imports)

Similar situation as yourself - the Topping E30 seems like the go. Cost comparison to improting a JDS Atoms is just not there, come out esentially same price as buying mainland europe. Schiit european store is sold out of everything.

Alternative more budget option is FiiO K5 Pro for around 150euro for DAC and AMP unit.

Well for me even the K5 Pro is well over the budget. Will something cheaper do the job? I’m talking about 100€ max. Will something of this class make enough difference from my onboard to justify the cost?

https://www.amazon.de/-/cs/dp/B01DP5JHHI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3IS4QVYMLKI6&dchild=1&keywords=audioquest+dragonfly&qid=1609341425&sprefix=audioquest%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-2

What I did was get an E10K and got a Liquid Spark later on. Now I use the E10K as a DAC and the Liquid Spark as the AMP. I’m not familiar with your motherboard so I wouldn’t know if it makes a difference in your case, I can tell you that I notice a difference between running my headphones and IEMs from the E10K or running it from the onboard sound of my laptop. The difference between E10K and laptop is, for me at least, bigger than the difference between E10K and E10K + Liquid Spark.
I would, however, check if there’s not a new version that replaces the E10K first.

1 Like