Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

stopped seeing BGGAR review, Read a lot of bad stuff about him before he started the channel, more to his actual attitude than his review.

to note : he is the new hypeguy like zeos , less entertaining and worse personality.

IDGAF who use amazon referral link.

will only and always will follow crinacle review, Never been disappointed before by following his review.

2 Likes

all the email and social media stuff that came out that happed not part of youtube really put me off I liked him for just adding shit to my radar but at this point IEm reviewers are a dime a dozen so I just kinda stopped with him

1 Like

I don’t have social media and never catch up on anything.

What do people say about his attitude and why? I seem to have missed some drama

his early reviews were pretty fun to watch really angry literally challenged people to fights. he has caused trouble in thresds in head fi. but a lot of things have been coming out showing hi even worse side. after a company refused to send him review units. BGGAR has denied these emails and has even claimed them to be photoshop as well. its still pretty controvercial and I dont know if anything has been a 100% confirmed to all of this being legitimate as you have people like crin sorta backing him up

source:https://www.facebook.com/groups/headfi.org/permalink/10157875110859736/

1 Like

Yikes, that escalated quickly

I have edited that last post to say this whole thing’s legitimacy does come into question as if you read the comment thread crin backs bggar up with soem key details. suggesting this could all be faked to take BGGAR down

2 Likes

Exactly my take on him. I saw a lot at some point, but he rants too much and is clearly not able to look at him self. I got tirred of him humming songs all the time and IEM’s are interesting, but it was only chi-fi, so I moved on.

I tend to treat all of these reviews as entertainment. I wouldn’t buy anything based on a Zeos review but I watch him as he is terrific entertainment and makes me laugh. I loved the handful of crinnacle videos for the same reason.

1 Like

the video does help confirm ist’s legitimacy though kinda as I believe it was a response to crin’s comment " The email address on BGGAR’s YouTube is [email protected]. Just need solid confirmation, but the third picture shows it briefly (albeit in the email contents than on the header, so it’s not full evidence that it’s really him).

On the other hand, his email address has a scowling face avatar and the “Mail” name headers on Joseph Mou’s screenshot email chain is also a point of suspect. There really needs to be more details about this."

1 Like

and more stuff on him came out recently it’s all alleged so read at your own discretion.

3 Likes

Does anyone honestly believe BGGAR intentionally kept an IEM? I mean, I don’t know much about him, but he seems to be doing well for himself and is flooded with IEM’s. I think people are projecting their own lust.

It’s their disagreement. Who cares? There’s that but I just doubt the premise that he took them. Doesn’t seem the type to give AF (by his videos). My spidey senses smell BS.

3 Likes

I subscribe to the following:

Zeos
Thomas
The next best thing
Zero fidelity
Gutt
Darko
Digital Stereophony
Joe N Tell
abyss

Question for me is how much his difficult personality affects honesty of his reviews. Is he hyper? Surely. But I like about him that he is not pushing only expensive iems and has no problem to hype cheap chifi. His reviews are a bit odd with him singing the songs but it is much easier for me to believe that he loves the gear for how it plays music. Plus I can appreciate his not using just fancy hifi slang to describe gear.

He is getho style as he said many times but for noob like me getho works for now just fine.

Still don’t like behavior described in those topics, however I read only one, and understand people who unsubscribed or stop follow him for that.

honestly yeah I’ve also never seen many companies ask for review units back in the personal audio space especially the budget IEM space. most are happy to get the exposure. he has behaved shitty in the past and the more recent allegations with the one company in the email exchange is a buit much and I have yet to see them being disproven for it to not be him. I do believe in change for people if he was at all entertaining though I think I would watch him more but at this point I may as well read IEM reviews.

Jeez, I just read through all of that. Don’t really get why people defend this guy at all. That’s just shitty. I watch DMS, Zeos, and Joshua Valour.

4 Likes

because people wanna know what IEMs to buy

there is quite the amount of reputable reviewers as well as guides out there from people who are more respectful and don’t go out of their way to be an ass. If your going to behave like that I don’t feel anyone should follow you but that’s my personal opinion.

its just i got interested in the BLON and shozy form 1.1 because they seemed to have a sound i would probably like because of what BGGAR said

1 Like

Well. I bought Shozy 1.1 and Urbanfun because of him and I don’t like them. I’m done with reviewers Iem wise. I prefer to change impressions here and in Headfi with other users, so far it has worked better.

2 Likes

I don’t know either of these two gentlemen personally, airing your dirty laundry on the internet is never a good thing, so maybe they should both keep shit like that personal because like most people i’m not interested…I watch Chris’s reviews for the informed information he provides.