Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

I think the irony of whinging about toxic attitudes in a toxic rant was genuinely lost on him.

4 Likes

I hope she develops her audio review channel as the videos sheā€™s done so far are good, comprehensive and down to earth.

2 Likes

Ron from New Audio Day is a reviwer I really like. Down to earth and honest in his reviews; he is not just for HP/IEM but also speakers and what have you. Lots of content and interesting views on products.

1 Like

Looking for feedback / help with my Youtube channel:

Iā€™ve been putting videos out pretty regularly for a few months now (as my obsession with all this headphone stuff has grown), and I should pass 500 subscribers this weekend.

Iā€™d like to receive some critiques / constructive criticisms / other things I should consider for the channel. Iā€™m a teacher by trade, so Iā€™ll have more time here in the summer to really dive into it. (Plus, Iā€™ve got a lot of gear right now.) The channel is less about me posing as an expert, and more just me sharing my experiences as I try different gear. I thought this would be a good place to ask for feedback, as the majority of my experience in this hobby has been gained in conjunction with spending hours and hours and hours reading stuff here on Hifi Guides.

Also (shameless request), I wouldnā€™t hate it if you felt like subscribing :wink:

Thanks for any feedback / support.

11 Likes

Congrats on 500 subs! Personally, I really like your vids. I think your presentation is really chill and inviting. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any problem. I also think that your pacing is really nice. Itā€™s not too fast, but not too slow as well that I lost my attention.

I was kinda worried that I was going to see another top down view audio channel or head-strapped camera-esque channel again, but thankfully itā€™s not.

I think with how things are currently (the dramas and everything), seeing a channel thatā€™s more on sharing oneā€™s experience rather than getting reminded about the drama everyday is a nice one. Canā€™t wait to see your channel grow!

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate hearing your perspective.

1 Like

Lachlan is like, my favorite reviewer right now. Love this dude lol.

4 Likes

Good one here from The Audiophiliac, from the POV of a recording engineer. A lot of food for thought.

2 Likes

recording side is interesting as playback in flacs book. The ā€œproduce like a proā€ studio tour series on youtube is another fun watch.

3 Likes

Ever since dms joined abyss I feel like the quality of his videos have just gone up immensely. Pre abyss it always felt like his videos were too short too high a level and just a general gloss over the product. It came across a bit flippant and perhaps lazy or not caring. Over the past year or so Iā€™ve come to appreciate his skill set.

5 Likes

Also, probably professional and personal maturity evolving, getting to a better place in life. So much goes into our performance.

3 Likes

Highly recommend this youtube channel for reviews canā€™t believe he only has 845 subscribers which is why I am happy to help recommend his channel right here

2 Likes

Mr. Beekhuyzenā€™s reviews run like old cable access science shows complete with the little chime sound at each break. I really enjoy his channel.

1 Like
3 Likes

This guy is great just not enough content. I donā€™t even care about the mqa mumbo jumbo but his other stuff is great.

1 Like

Your Audiophile Gear DOESNā€™T MATTER! (Beats Studio Buds Impressions) - YouTube

Some interesting comments, while it may not be a popular view here I think that fundamentally he is right on this one.

3 Likes

His production quality puts whole houses to shame. I swear he makes some of the best looking YouTube content Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like