Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

Haha nope. DMS sometimes has these weird takes that make me want to punch him through the screen, probably because of the contrast to how much sense he makes the rest of the time. Not to mention he’s basically admitted to being a Reptilian since he can hear headphone sound forward outside his head, which as we all know is impossible for us humans without using special effects. So definite Reptilian. :alien:

Yeah, that’s called not knowing what he’s talking about. He just does super quality video editing. His video skills + metal571’s actual headphone reviewer capabilities could make a killer headphone channel though.

6 Likes

Randy the cheapaudioman is awesome. I bought my speaker amp/dac from Zeos’s review and my speakers from Randy!

1 Like

I don’t think I have agreed with a single thing this dude has said EVER. In fact, if says he hates something, It’s pretty much a definite buy for me! LOL! Oh well, it’s like that sometimes.

Again, you gotta take all this opinion stuff with a grain of salt. It’s just one person’s take. And they are not wrong just because I don’t agree with it. We just see things differently.

1 Like

Yeaaah, that’s pretty far from where I’m at, I agree with most of his reviews of headphones I’ve heard or general principles of what sounds good. In fact, just to walk things back a bit, there’s this instance where I called him deaf :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: for saying the KSC75 are “the poor man’s HD600”, but as I found out more about the Sennies and where the 600 sits among them I came to see his point and deleted my comment. I guess with his practical experience he knows more than he’s explicitly telling sometimes.

2 Likes

Uncle Crinacle has started his YT channel up again and if you want good insight AND being entertained, then he is the one to listen to.

I like at lot of audio channels, but he is by far then one I prefer the most.

“…most gamers are only willing to pay, what… $200 for a gaming headphone. Peasants.”

4 Likes

That is an understatement.

Most people could buy a pair of KSC75, a pair of KPH30i, a $30 headphone amp, an Apple DAC dongle, and walk away, but life is full of regrets.

1 Like

This is top-tier comedy. Gimme all of it!

1 Like

Good ish… please support our guy with views, sub, and thumbs up!

3 Likes
1 Like

God damn, is NTR (No Theme Reviews) not my cup of tea.

The dry narration feels so forced, unnatural, and scripted. Feels like one of those TV shows that have the narrator with the same narration style every episode… Unbearable (imo).

2 Likes

Crinacle is has the most entertaining videos. I don’t care. Debate me. This guy is pure comedy and I love it!

6 Likes

This dude(Nemo Propaganda) seems pretty knowledgeable . Watched his SB-1000 pro review and actually managed to watch it until the end, which is rare for me with sub reviews.

1 Like
3 Likes

Agreed :smiley: that’s why I liked Passion for Sounds review of the Mest II which I posted on the Mest thread :+1:

2 Likes

What has he done that you would consider snake oil? Are you an ASR pure measurements guy because if you’re an Amir disciple I already know how this is going to go.

People got upset because he was reviewing cables and saying they made big differences to the sound. AFAIK that’s the main bone of contention.

2 Likes

Are we talking about the Audioholics guy above? If we are I personally don’t see what he did or said that was so bad! “Magic” cables are a hot topic, I know, and people will have strong opinions on that. But this guy simply drug out some premium cables and some not-so-premium stuff, measured them and produced his findings. Perhaps we are referring to someone else?

I was referring to the person who said Passion for Sound was a Passion for Snakeoil. He seems to have deleted his comment.

2 Likes

Oh, OK, gotcha! LOL! I kinda like Pasion for Sound. So far I have taken no exception to any of his work.

2 Likes