Good current budget dongle options for Android

Hi experts
Good under a $100 dac/amp on a USB cable as they go choice for android phone for use with IEMs?
Currently using the old Fiio q1 amp/dac and its pretty good but want something more compact.
Thanks !!!

Would you be willing to go a bit over for a lotoo paw s1? Around 170 but it does go on sale for 130 from time to time, pretty great overall, a more neutral sound with good technical performance and very low noise floor

1 Like

Hi M0N ; ] Thanks

l want a smaller form factor. Something like the ibasso dc02 [if its any good]

1 Like

iBasso should be a good choice.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the ibasso or other of the super small dongles outside of things like the dragonflys or the earmen sparrow so I can’t really comment there

2 Likes

You’ve tried it ?

1 Like

No, but from what I have read, the iBasso small DAC/Amps are very good.

They are known to perform better than Fiio, iFi, and Audioquest.

It’s important to do your research and form your own opinion!

1 Like

Another option maybe

1 Like

Shanling is also known for being good performing and of good value

Thanks (; …

1 Like

Don’t get either of the EarMen dongle DAPs. They are known to suffer from some sort of interference. Is it called EMI?

:open_mouth:

google dongle.(dont google it, i mean the product) like 30-35$ havent tried other dongles. but from other reviews, its about 90-95% as good as the ones around 100$. i think it sounds good. its fairly neutral. its big flaw is, it wont produce much juice. but should be more then enough for most iem’s, just can struggle with headphones.

just an option to consider