Good Mid-Fi EST IEM

That fit though.

Did not find much about them and saw some say they leaned towards being analytical.

Bought the BAX, waiting for delivery. Incase I don’t like them, I’ll just save for a few months and get the MEST MKII.

Can’t go wrong with the MEST II - just go over to that thread and see how much I love them!

1 Like

The Dunu EST112 is a very “safe” tuning for sure, but as far as pursuing EST goes, I thought it was one of the worse EST implementations out of EST sets I’ve heard. I don’t think it blended in with the other drivers very seamlessly.

Edit: That doesn’t make it a bad set, just not the best example of EST out of what I’ve heard.

@John7592jdys yes, the fit is different, but if you want unbelievably good sound at an amazingly low price, you’ve got to compromise, just like every other headphone and IEM! LoL!

well, for $1500, they damn well better be!!!

Yes, should always include asterisks with that $1500 price point in mind.

The OG MEST is wonderful as well, and you can find it for under $750 used if you can get lucky.

2 Likes

Having demoed them, I can understand why. They sounded great, especially with RU6. Personally, they are just a tiny bit analytical on some tracks for my tastes but it’s not too bad and that could also be due to the tips. Like I mentioned before, I’m sensitive to treble and for me JH Audio Jolene was just a perfect sounding set, costs a lot though. The Vision Ears EXT was also a good set, sounded similar to MEST MKII but a bit more refined.

Agreed all around - sounds like we have really similar preferences.

Did you get the BAX? Curious what your thoughts are. I ordered some during the 618 sale but haven’t got them yet

Sadly no, there was an issue with the delivery and the shipment was cancelled. Fortunately, I got refunded so all is good.

I bought the Edition XS instead, it was time to replace my Sundara and it should arrive in a week.

Will give EST IEM another go later though, right now, I’m thinking of joining the Tea cult :grin:, I’m going thru Tea and Tea 2 reviews at the moment.

1 Like

Ahh, that’s a bummer. But the Edition XS is great so that really worked out

:loudspeaker::robot::robot::robot::loudspeaker:

Beep boop beep. This an automatic reply. Here’s your :cookie:. More to come when you join it.

Cookie bot out. Beep boop beep.

:loudspeaker::robot::robot::robot::loudspeaker:

3 Likes