Good Upgrade Around 60$ for the KZ ZSN Pro X?

KZ DQ6 $30, Tripowin Mele $50 and Blon BL-03 $26, my budget recs.

1 Like

First, cheap doesn’t mean it’s bad, but some compromises must be made. Second, your budget is $60, which means you are in need to find something around $50 price range, where it’s the realm of budget IEMs.

yup but I mean, i prefer to find something around 40/50$ as initial price, but 20/30$ i dont think that i will get the best, just look at my zsn pro x, cost 30$ at the most

Only Mele will suit you then, but it won’t have QDC connectors for your cables.

1 Like

Man, i currently have a Dunu Zen, a Mangird Tea, an Ikko OH10, a Fostex Ebony, an Audeze LCD-X and a Hifiman HE6se and i just spent the last 2 hours with the KZ DQ6 on my ears enjoying its incredible comfort and awesome sound.

Price means nothing in this hobby, there is crappy expensive stuff and good cheap stuff out there. The DQ6 falls into the second category.

8 Likes

1 Like

I havent been paying attention to the post but if you’re very treble sensible, Mele will be the best option of the two.

To give you another choice Tin T1 Plus

For about 60$ I will go with the ZAS. Sorry I have no experience with the ZSN Pro but the ZAS was extremely good. For a neutral signature, I will prefer the HZ Heart Mirror.

Oh right, I saw every comment and I really dont want the DQ6 (I already see problems with the QC as I thinked) so, I think I will get to the only option that I think is 100% secure and why.
The Tin Hifi T2 Plus have a really good comfort based o various opinions, they have a DD and they absoluty response good to EQ based on thephonograph.net, and is the better -100$ IEM in the Crin ranked list that have a B- ranked so I think I will get them for december in the case that the ranked list doesnt upgrade with a better option.

(Btw I really care the EQ because I do the Frecuency Response Correction of every IEM I have to have a good experience)

Hmm, I haven’t seen any QC problems yet :thinking:

I think you meant using pre existed EQ presets from some owners to match their preferred tuning, not really recommended if it’s already good and you trade off some technicalities for it.

My Target prefered are the QDC Gemini, and my X are EQ like the measurements of both based on the IEC60318-4 and in my X are soo good. I think I the T2+ response good to EQ (apart to be a DD obviously) I think will be more precise and effective

Example of my actual EQ (around 60 peak filters to make it closer)

https://twitter.com/RotaryDrunker/status/1444280325727666184

Well @Dynamic just got a dead driver in his $700 Dunu Zen. Any set is subject to problems, price does not dictate that.

When i got a pair of brand new Sundaras the right driver died in 3 days and that set does not cost $30…

But to each their own!

4 Likes

Im such a lucky girl. Only problems I had were with xinhs cables and got a replacement sent the same day :pray:

1 Like

Oh right, I taked my time to search what I will like (I think), options are around 60$/80$:

1- Whizzer HE01B (basically the HE01 but with QC improves a cool color):
Pros (All taked of HeadFi copy and pasted):
Addictive bass
Treble extension
No sibilance or harshness.
Build quality is extravagant.
Natural sound signature
Good soundstage
Lush timbre
great female vocal
good tonality
cohesive lively musicality
weighty attack
no boosted sibilance
nice packaging and accessories
Well fitting, light, comfortable. Beautiful looks.
Above average isolation.
Great organic timbre and tonality.
Good soundstage and technicalities. Fast transients.
Easy to drive.
Nice accessories.
Fun but balanced tuning
flashy looks
comfortable weight and fit
excellent scaling/tweaking potential
Gorgeous looks
Single DD
Warmer texture
Vocals are quite good
Very good clarity of note
Hence, good air
Stealthy matte black packaging.
The presentation is amazing for its price.
Build & Look is just amazing.
Not a flagship killer but for 80$ it’s just brilliant.
Punchy deep bass response.
Warm Tonality.
Vocals are clean and crisp.
Spacious soundstage.
Treble is smooth and sparkly.
Great value for money.
Powerful and weighty bass
Open mids
Excellent timbre
Extended detailed treble
Large soundstage
Well made
Nice presentation
Great design
Lovely Accessories
Very good value
Your wife might like them
Warm, pleasant sound signature
Fun
Great cable
Great midrange and technicalities; fluid, cohesive tonality; easy to drive; great ergonomics; complete accessories.

Cons (All taked of HeadFi copy and pasted):
Only 1 color style (not now because the HE01B exists)
treble isn’t the most precise
imaging could be better
Average technicalities, poor imaging and transparency, average resolution, muddy bass, not very extended-detailed-airy and sparkly treble, very thigh 2pin connector
Slight bass bleed, Might not perform well with some genres
Not the most textured bass.
Rare instances of hot upper mids.
Not all aftermarket 2 pin cables can fit this set, due to the round protruding housing design.
Quality, design, slightly loose mid bass?
Could use better defined bass note
some do not like the “Grandma look”
Not mainstream, so many will not like it (they should)
Cable gets tangled easily.
Tangly cable
Warm and dark sound signature might not suit everybody
Bass could be more textured; optics not for everybody.

FiiO FH1s:
Pros (All taked of HeadFi copy and pasted):

• Sound quality well above it’s price point
  • Great bass
  • Great custom like fit
  • Low weight
  • Detachable cable
  • Carrying case
  • Large selection of ear tips
    Exciting and sparkly presentation
    Weighty and punchy bass-line
    Spacious sound Deep, visceral, well-textured bass – Comfortable shell design with cool face plates – Cable that wouldn’t be out of place at a much higher price point

Cons:
A little dry and artificial sounding
Can sound sibilant
Mid-range lacks some body
Potentially delicate 2-pin system – Hot midrange is quite fatiguing – Somewhat artificial sounding

Shozy Form 1.1:
Pros Pros (All taked of HeadFi copy and pasted):
Warmer sound sig.
Good bass reach.
Good fit.
Good looking.
Good price point.
Vibrant, bassy signature that isn’t fatiguing and doesn’t skimp on mids - Visual flair and ergonomics
Natural Timbre
Detailed across the range
Excellent bass, tight and fast with good quantity
Equal balancing between male and female vocals
relaxed treble
versatile tuning
Fit
Accessories
Price
impactful and detailed sound signature
Build quality is better than expected, V/U shaped signature is a fun listen with popular genres
Shell is comfortable and has a thoughtful design

• Bass has decent impact and robust without bleeding out too much
  • Very musical and can handle a variety of genres well
  • High value for money
    Works well with EQ
    Comfortable shell design
    Great accessories
    Fast driver and good resolution for budget price
    A grate value just with build quality, comfort and sound alone, never mind the fact I personally think these are stunning especially when the light hits them and the colors shine.
    Nice case and good assortment of tips with a unique cable.

Cons:
Cable
Easy to scratch
For some might be too texturized
Cable is not the best.
Some may find the sound boring or have a “lack of enthusiasm”
Tough market segment.
Treble a bit bright for some tracks.
Cable is terrible - Many will find the shallow, small ear tips need to be replaced ootb
Instrument separation
comfort
some might find it a bit sharp with some sibilance prone songs
bit more speed in the bass would suit me more
uncomfortable to wear for long periods
Instrument separation is a step behind class leaders, treble tuning may seem a bit boring to some.
Soundstage is a bit narrow and clarity is middling even compared to its peers

• Treble has peaks that can be uncomfortable for more sensitive ears
    Very bright
    Look may be a turn off for some people but I find them not overly flashy.
    Cable is comfortable but again some may like a more coated one.
    For me I found no cons just playing devils advocate here.

Just in case you are interested, I have posted reviews of many of the models mentioned so far in this thread, you can find a list of them here:

To close this forum I finish getting the ER2XR and an Lighting adapter for 97$ on Amazon so I think I get the best option ever for that price

2 Likes

The KZ ZEX is surprisingly good. Nice to see KZ make a set that is almost too dark, which is something I never expected to say.

I had to provide my own ear tips. It came with one real tip in a size that didn’t fit and some TWS tips that were way too short. It can be dark on some tracks, but it works well for classic and progressive rock. Overall a great deal for a sub $25 IEM.

I bought it to checkout the electret driver and DD hybrid on the cheap, and I like that way more than the DD/BA combo that KZ has been using. There is an odd tonality sometimes with cymbal crashes, but it isn’t bad, just different. The tech is weird, since it is basically a pre-charge low voltage electrostatic, but it should have a limited lifespan.

Hello yes, this is a good offer I bought myself really well they are good it is heard big volume control is me gives 9/10 of the grade its price is also very good I bought it for $ 80