Got a set of Tannoy speakers, need amp ideas

Got a pair of Tannoy system 12 dmt 2 monitors… i do not really have enough to push them like i want. Is the Crown 2502 probably the best idea for a good way to get them supplied with juice? Ty for any ideas

I would not recommend the crown amps, they will not sound good with that speaker imo, what price are you looking in?

I know a fair amount of people using those monitors like bryston and hafler power amps with them for neutral and accurate sound and imo they are good matches with plenty of power on deck (and used you can find them typically pretty reasonably priced). Also some more powerful adcom power amps will work well if you want to tilt warmer but still clean. Parasound is also good for a neutral warmer sound but I haven’t tested a parasound with the tannoy studio monitors. What dac would you be using with them?

1 Like

Srry i forgot budget. No real budget got these pretty cheap, so i can splurge on the amp

Gotcha gotcha. Well realistically what are you looking to spend here, like a range preferably. Also would you be going for something more neutral and accurate or slightly more fun? And is used ok for the amp?

Its for pool/gaming room so prob more on the fun/loud side for this are; like a grand or so maybe 1200 i havent amp shopped in a bit so i hope that isnt too unrealistic

Better pic. Hard to find info on em but someone sent me specs when i picked em up; 200 bux.

No that’s a very good price range to be in

This bryston is pretty dang beefy and also is a pretty high quality amp, can recommend

For adcom, this is a pretty great unit for the price, slightly warmer neutral with great power and also a pretty high class a bias

Regarding hafler it seems like there aren’t many on the used market at the moment

1 Like

That’s quite a deal, pretty solid speakers :+1:

2 Likes

Ty so much :clap:t2::raised_hands:t2: I luv it here

2 Likes

Oh my , i know this isnt really a vintage audio group i guess.

But i can get one of these for 350. Marantz 2270

Working, good condition. That is really good for this right? Just making sure i am thinking of the right thing here.

3 Likes

Steal after steal, are you kidding me lol. Yes that is very very good, insane find for 350 if it’s working good condition

2 Likes

It may just be this area i dunno but i am pretty stoked. This guy could be fulla crap as well but im gonna go look at it tomm n see if legit

Also i really appreciate ur help im newly into vintage stuff

And yet you find some really sought after vintage stuff for great prices lol

Well tannoys was from a guy i worked with from 99-08 or so. This guy just popped up on fb marketplace. We shall see u make me feel like it might be a scam

1 Like

If it’s not that’s an absolute steal, but if it is, that would be pretty unfortunate

Hr n half drive as well i do hope it is legit i knew the name from my research but its not like he doesnt know what he has or itd be like 50 bux

1 Like

Researched it some more n parts amps like this are this price so maybe i jumped the gun sigh. I will let u know tomm how it went :-/

Ended up getting it, my first non-jukebox vintage audio purchase. Hopefully will go through it and report back soon. Ty for the help :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Thats beautiful.

1 Like