šŸ”· Grace SDAC Balanced

Itā€™s a bit less technically impressive, but somewhat close, and does have usb so thatā€™s a bonus. I would personally go for the enog 2 pro if you have the extra budget and donā€™t need usb

is usb better than optical?

would it go well with an atom

So it all depends on implementation, there can be good and bad optical and good and bad usb.

Yeah would be a solid pairing

I have both, and I personally like how the ENOG2 sounds better.

I am interested in the ENOG2. How better it sounds?

Hello, I have a question about how to change my default format in windows to a lower bit depth using this DAC. Iā€™m running it via USB in driverless USB 2.0 mode and outputting via XLR-3pin balanced to a THX AAA 789. When I try to change my default windows audio format, my only options are all 32 bit; from 44100hz to 384000hz, but only in 32bit. Iā€™d actually prefer to listen to most things on my pc in 16bit. How would I allow myself to change to a lower bit depth using this DAC?

Also, I have already tried running in USB 1.0 mode using a driver and still, my only options were 32 bit but from 44100hz to 96000hz.

Hi! Welcome to HFGF! Iā€™m not sure why you only see 32-bit options. I think your best fix is to find a driver for the SDAC. But TBH, Iā€™m not sure you need to worry about it. The 16 or 8 bits Windows adds over a 16 bit signal are just 0s that shouldnā€™t affect the quality at all. Also, this should only matter if youā€™re routing your audio through Windows Audio Mixer. If youā€™re using a music program (and most games usually) that have an exclusive output mode, the signal should be at whatever bit and sample rate the original file is.

Is the Bifrost 2 a good/great update over the SDAC?

Hello everyone, I recently received this DAC and tried running a fully balanced setup with my amp, but have been having a lot of issues.

Before the DAC I was running the amp straight through my onboard audio off of my motherboardā€™s 3.5mm to dual RCA and outputting through with a balanced cable to my headphones. This ran well and sounded quite nice.

Now that Iā€™ve hooked up the DAC to my amp with dual XLRs and running the dac to my computer with the provided USB, the sound quality dipped?
I have to increase the volume to get same levels of loudness and the ā€œRealtek HD Audio Manager and the Soundblaster X-Fi MB3ā€ that I use to be able to use to fine tune my music with their audio enhancers and EQ are not picking up my USB DAC as an audio source, so I canā€™t use them anymore.

What am I doing wrong here, I thought running fully balanced with an external dac would have beneficial effects on my sound quality, not depreciate it

Which amp do you have?

From your PC you should raise the volume to 100% (98% as some people like). And control the volume with the amp.

To use EQ you might need to download additional software like the EQ apo.

From what you said you may have used some eq and some kind of software boost. XLR has more voltage than regular RCA ( It also depends on the circuit, for example, the RCA input from the RNHP have more volume gain than the XLR).

I am using the Loxjie P20 Balanced Amp

And yes, I have my PC volume raised to max and just altering the volume through my amp