Grado RS2e and PS500e VS Hemps

An example for me would be Bonnie Raitt - Something to talk about
Or maybe some Frank Sinatra songs
Hotel California too

Thanks. Is there anything the Rs2e is better at?

It’s hard to tell, because nor is there anything the RS2e is worse at as it just comes down to preferences - I’ve written a short comparison above, for example, those who find the PS500e not bright enough naturally will see the RS2e as a better one. The two are simply the same on a technical level but tuned differently

2 Likes

Thanks. I am thinking of getting a sr80e first. How are their sound signatures compared to the sr80e?

It’s hard to describe, the PS and RS will feel much less raw, more refined than then SR80e, but overall still the Grado tonality and signature: bright, coloured mid, not much bass. But because the SR80e uses S cushion, it will have a bit more sub bass whereas PS500e will have tighter bass and better extension. RS2e is slightly brighter than both and have a thinner sound in generally, plus a more distant mid

But I think they are similar yet too different to compare to each other, better to group SR80e with 60, 125 and 225, and group SR325e with PS500e and RS2e

1 Like

Thanks again. I think the Hemp is the safest choice then

1 Like

No worries. I haven’t heard the Hemp myself and I know it’s well regarded. It might be a safe choice for a non-Grado fan as it’s not offensive nor bright and it’s bassier than usual, but safest choice would probably be something like SR80e given many also complain about comfort etc of Grados

2 Likes

That is also true. Guess I will get the 80e first, if I don’t like it I will buy a hifiman planar