Grado SR80X Review, Evolution in sound

TLR Technology review of the Grado SR80X

1 Like

TL, DR;
The new SR80X is fantastic, they are a sonic evolution compared to the SR80E. The treble is more refined, the Bass is solid while retaining the midrange that Grado is known for.

The new headband has 5 times the padding vs the nonexistent padding on the SR80E.

The new cable is better built but calling it stiff would be an understatement. I’m not sure which cable I like better they both have problems in their own way.

The pads are the same “S” pads that came on the SR80E but they really should be replaced at the time of purchase to the “G” style pads.

Overall the SR80X with the “G” pads sound like the SR80E and Focal clear had a baby, so yes. The SR80X is well worth the price of admission.

1 Like

just got mine and my immediate impression is: I LIKE THEM!!!

they’re so light compared to my 4xx, 599se and NHC. I do think the ear pads are a bit rough…will try the G padsI bought for my KPH30i, which died before I could try them.

I will say that they have some nice low end, but they are also very bright at the same time. I know I need to adjust, but right now their bright enough to be fatiguing.

oh, and I like the cable… just needs to be detachable!

I need to find a 6.25mm to 3.5mm adapter now n try them on my phone.

1 Like