Guilty Pleasures?

If I’m having a shit day, or just depressed; I drop all my amps/dacs/cans and plug Tin T2’s straight into my LG G7 and turn on DTS:X 3D surround effect. Then I play pop hits from the 90’s. The Era when I was a kid and my average Walmart cans made me grin and tap my toes.

2 Likes

My guilty pleasure is Vaporwave. when I get home from work and I dont want to stare at a monitor anymore, I blast something like windows96 while I read

2 Likes

WOW this is indeed the weirdest music ive ever heard lol but i don’t know if it’s something to be embarrassed about

1 Like

Ive never heard them properly with a nice high res version or with proper cans but her stuff was legit great to hear. Her first albums that is

lol this is the type of stuff i was asking for!!! Very unique music taste

Did you know this exists?

1 Like

Theres a whole… aesthetic subculture heavily tied to vaporware that’s pretty embarrassing tbh.

2 Likes

Ya listen to com truise?

1 Like

Yeah Com Truise is good, Tycho is okay i need to listen to them more,
also the retrowave stuff like Noir Deco, Perturbator, OGRE, Make up and Vanity Set, Carpenter Brut, Gunship, etc
stuff like Sun Araw, Junior Boys, Chromeo etc

1 Like

A thought related to this thread: now in my mid 30’s I realize that some of the music 16yo me enjoyed really is terrible, but I still tap my foot and bob my head anytime I hear it. An example is Limp Bizkit (keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ what? keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’) - it’s as close to objectively terrible music as is possible for music to be “objectively” anything. Anyone else have examples of this ‘problem’?

(I did it all for the nookie/the nookie (c’mon)/so you can take that cookie/and stick it up yo yeah!/stick it up yo yeah!/stick it up yo…) [ugh, embarrasingly bad]

2 Likes

C’mon Rollin is a classic lol

Just listened to No Limit like 4 times. Thanks lol

Meatloaf, and other various rock operas.

I shouldn’t have gone on this thread because I listen to most of this stuff, and now I feel like I shouldn’t lol. I guess when I listen to almost everything I get desensitized

Rollin is great, and Nookie is my ultimate hype song when exercising. I did it all for the NOOKIE !

Sometimes you gotta just separate how instrumentals good a song is from how good of a jam it is

this is new to me. What defines vaporware music?

Largely remixes of samples audio and mall music from the 90s. There is a whole visual aesthetic of bad 90s cg graphics and bad photoshops associated with it.

1 Like

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
― Lao Tzu

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

man who farts in church, sits in own pew.
– wise man somewhere