Gym Life - Are you a gym bro?

I’ve not yet stepped on a scale. I did before I started going but not since. I figure once I drop a pant size I’ll care about weight.

As for now, the goal is to go 5 days a week. No matter what. I do see very small improvements but nothing anyone but me would notice. I just hate going. Surrounded by sculpted people who are there to work out and have fun, I’m there trying not to die.

3 Likes

Keep your head down, eye on the prize! Besides most of the other people are probably too busy looking at themselves or there for the same reason you are! Anyone gives you crap ignore them, they just provided you the service of not needing to worry/care about them, as they are not worth allotting brain power!

If you are up for it see if you start to recognize others that consistently show up at the gym at the same time as you, then gauge if they are either similarly working out, or are doing things a level or two above your current capabilities, start a conversation and use them to stay motivated. Or just observe and try and keep pace as well as you can with them…gym buddies can be huge motivation.

Eventually it gets better, and you will enjoy going, not always but overall it is an enjoyable hobby!

1 Like

Don’t worry about others. Just stay focus on your goals and needs. Weighing yourself can be a double edge sword, it will help you keep track of your goals and motivate you,but it also can throw you into a downward spiral of depression when you see that all you hard work over the week just gained weight.

Don’t worry about a few lbs fluctuation it happens to everyone. It could just be your body holding on more water or you lost fat but gained muscle (muscle is more dense than fat). If your going to weigh yourself, keep it consistent and look at the averages over time.

Honestly most people at the gym are super friendly and willing to help.
Everyone sees each other as a brother in arms with the same goals of building a better version of themselves.

3 Likes

One for @EvilGnome6 crazy record breaking strength :open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s unbelievable. Snatching with 4 pairs of red plates. Here’s me trying a single pair of red plates last week:

1 Like

Fair play sir no belt :raised_hands:

I’ll try and fined an old vid of me squatting my body weight < 100kg for 40 reps…near killed me (it’s on a friends fb page so not sure I can post it?)

@EvilGnome6 Chloe is truly an amazing wee lady :+1: