Gym Life - Are you a gym bro?

Hi forum,
I just wanted to ask, that how many of you go to the gym? Me personally 4 times a week - more of a power building type. How many of you are a gym bro?

Yep been lifting for 30 years :muscle:t2: and listening to music a whole lot longer lol

2 Likes

5 days a week with a 16/8 fast Mon-fri…just started the fast about a month ago and so far so good. Goal is to be at 15% body fat at 215lbs currently roughly 10lbs from that goal…but I eat whatever I want and drink whiskey so it is taking a little bit longer than it should…but I work out to enjoy life food and booze included lol!

3 Likes

Been going since March, 5 days a week. I want to lose 50 or so pounds.

I’d like to not die alone

4 Likes

You can do it!!! Just keep dedicated, sometimes I’ll have a bad day or I’m extra tired, and the trick is to just take the first step in doing it…either pick up the weight for your next set, or get on a bike, start to jog etc…then once you start going it propels you onward! Stay motivated my friend!!

1 Like

I’m aiming for one step above “disgusting”

It’s the best I can do

3 Likes

For now, for now;) you got this!

I go to the gym 4 times a week with a 1 hour of cardio and 1.5 hours of strength training. Trying to get more toned rather than bulk up. I was big when i was younger (230lbs at 20-22% body fat) but now looking at hitting (185lbs at 12-14% body fat). Looking to get a 6 pack but love to eat too much to achieve it. Gotten closer in it in the winter but when traveling that all fell apart.

i am 5’ 9.5" tall

1 Like

Been a power lifter for 20 years. After bouts of sciatic and shoulder pain, I’m now down to 2 hard lifting days per week. I swim at least 1/2 mile, sometimes more, 2 additional days per week.

3 Likes

Just keep going. If your not up to exercising do anything that’s active. Hell just go for a long walk with your favorite headphones. Your going to have some ups and down. Also never ignore any injuries and give yourself proper time to recover.

1 Like

I feel your pain buddy, two torn rotor cuffs and a hip replacement here means I train a whole lot differently in my 50’s than I did in my 20’s…pre exhaust super/giant sets for me now but the intensity and focus is still on point :muscle: :+1:

2016…

4 Likes

Jesus, I’m in and out in 30-40 minutes.

Clearly I’m not doing it right

I doubt I’m doing things right. Every place on the web has conflicting info.

I’m there 30-40 minutes. I’m pondering going back at night and doing 30+ mins of cardio. I really have nothing else to do but though I go, I’m not a fan of the gym.

1 Like

Yeah its more about waiting for freed up space in my gym. If I go through everything without waiting It would probably be around 30-40 minutes of weight training. Add cardio, if your not all ready active in sports or at your work. Not just for burning calories but overall health.

Looking good Ohmboy!

2 Likes

Cheers buddy 53 in that pic and yeah no more than 1hr in the gym for me…progression/intensity + focus + diet + rest = gains not time spent chatting on FB and posting on insta lol…oh yeah and a bit of cardio :grimacing:

1 Like

I hate cardio as well so i usually start off with it. Even though it causes my lifts to suffer, my cardio would suffer more if I started out lifting first.

When I cut it’s fasted cardio in the morning, followed by an adjusted calorific deficit diet and weights in the afternoon…cheat day once a week.

Audio wise = Digital sources, DAC’s and razor sharp analytical headphones daily and with a cheat meal of Vinyl, valves once a week lmao :+1:

1 Like

Yeah 40-60 minutes on average with rest times, I usually get 12-19 different excercises in that time… with 3setsof8-10. I use it as my cardio to some degree by keeping breaks short and heart rate up. Plus 16/8 fasting to keep weight down…6’2” 221 as of this morning…looking to break 215lbs by end of June-mid July. I go 5 times a week 6am start time helps keep the crowds away and the weights open!

1 Like

Shit, that means at 5’7 I’m fat as f***.

I bet if I cut one leg off I’d still weigh more than you. Ugh

Don’t fret, it just takes time and effort…you will get there! I’m actually just now getting back to where I should be after a Achilles rupture 2 years ago…with a couple of months of inactivity and bad diet…I went all the way up to 250lbs at one point…routine helps a lot in staying dedicated…plus set small goals like 1lb a week or 5lbs a week…or extend it out a month with goals of 5-10lbs a month loss. Celebrate the small victories… they keep you motivated to the big victories!

2 Likes