HAAALP!(help) with replacing 2.5mm balanced jack

Will do. Need to get back to work. Probably have time tomorrow or Sunday.

1 Like

You may have to remove the larger bottom board to get enough room for the volume pot shaft to clear the front so you can remove the smaller board.

oh god. I might be out $150 bucks! But I’ll give it a shot

When I was a young man I wanted to be an electrical engineer. Should have fallowed that dream! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take your time, here 2 video about the desoldering process and the soldering one
Chip quick is a good solution to desolder it if you have only a classic soldering station

Here some techniques to solder it

I hope they can help you to understand how fix it and also to decide if you feel confident that you can accomplish the mission

The volume knob can be a problem so don’t force the pcb but try to understand how is connected and how safetly remove the board.

Thanks again. Looks like I have a full weekend of learning. Which is great. Better than binge watching
netflix shows I’ve already seen. This kind of content fascinates me.

1 Like

Regular solder and a bigger chisel tip will do the same for low pin count parts.

More that solder I will just use some flux, anyway different techniques same result. I thought to chipquick just because is user friendly

Sorry guys I chickened out! After watching videos and other research I decided this was above my skill level. Thank you for all of the input. I did learn a few things!