Had a revelation today about my favorite recordings, felt like sharing

So i was listening to some tunes today, and i made a crazy revelation lol. Olga Tañon, Heize, Bol4, Stella Jang etc etc
these singers all have something in common. Even though it’s true that i tend to like more sweet female voices that sound airy, what i had never realized is that in their recordings they all have like hmmmm echoes? like they really capitalize on having echoes and or vocal oriented stuff in the background. with every headphone i listened to them with i liked that, but only in the hawks and elex did the presentation staging and ability to resolve the 3d type of sound really help to make that stand out. But yeah, it was just like a really weird and interesting realization i had today while listening to music because basically all of my favorite albums and singers have that sort of recording.

Would be interested in hearing what anyone else has realized whatt they like about their recordings!!.

1 Like

That’s like emulated room resonance. Kinda gives you a more natural sound a bit more live.

1 Like

I’ve realized this a long time ago but my general tastes aren’t very much related to how they are recorded rather how unique the music is or the fun factor. Reason why I don’t listen to a lot of rock is because of that I grew up listening to classic rock a lot of older punk so these days they kinda bore me. Reason why I gravitate towards hip hop these days is the culture has transformed if you dig past the surface popular tracks you can find gems everywhere talking about socio economic issues in their respective communities. Truly modern love songs , or just a slice of life for people. The Indie and underground scene has always been experimental and different and always give me something new so why I listen to that scene the most.

1 Like

ah interesting. see, i never thought about it in that way but now that u mention it ur right! thnx for the way to categorize it lol

ahhhh, that’s totally fair. i think i got into some of that too. that makes alot of sense, it’s like you have listened to this stuff your whole life so once you get something completely different and new it’s a fresh fun expirience. i totally get that

Mate what do you think of this recording on your set up?..

Kate had a big say in it’s recording…so basically she sounded like she wanted to.

1 Like

Try this out. It is all female vocalists and seems very processed. I bought seven songs from this album and could NOT stop playing them for months after I bought them. I Love the sound. For some reason the whole link won’t work, just the one song. But you can follow it if you like the sound.

1 Like

So the song itself is not particularly my style but yeah the recording i ended up loving it. just so spacious sounding with a very interesting vibe to it. I really like how they got her vocals to sound in it too, just almost dreamy(?) sounding.

1 Like

this one as well, i’m not a personal fan of the song but the recording is exactly what i was talking about!! like a echo chamber if you well on her vocals that just make it so engaging and expansive!!

I have no idea what they are doing to their voices, but wow, it’s a lot of fun. :laughing:

1 Like

Seriously! it’s the best lol. I always knew i liked something about these recordings, but could never put my finger on it until today haha

1 Like

If you liked the production on that one, check this one as well https://youtu.be/oh41ilwkUxs

Lot of reverb effects creating that spacious sound :sunglasses: