Happy Palindrome Day, Fellow Nerds!

Here’s a cool thing you didn’t know you wanted to know. Today’s date in either mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy formats is 02/02/2020. That makes today’s date a palindrome. It’s also the first palindrome date in that format in 909 years. Incidentally, 909 is ALSO a palindrome. And because I’m such a nerd, I figured out that 11/11/1111 was the last one.

That is all.

5 Likes

Thank you.

Heh. Completely forgot. I remember mentioning that this would be the next one, in a team meeting at work on 01.02.2010. :slight_smile:

At least it doesn’t matter what format you use (you weirdo Americans). AFAIK there won’t be another reversible date under the Gregorian calendar.

Yeah, I don’t know why we Americans also have to do dates differently. But then again, we also don’t like the metric system. Our judgment on such matters is clearly flawed. Anyway, in mm/dd/yyyy, 12/22/21 will be one. In dd/mm/yyyy, we may have to wait for 03/03/3030.

12/02/2021. I wouldn’t want to wait 1010 years for another one though. Might be worth moving for a year or so.

1 Like

Indeed.

10 Characters

Oh, and this isn’t even the next one, since we also had 11.02.2011 and 21.02.2012. :slight_smile:

Hmm… why do I get the sense that Americans are screwing themselves out of a lot of potential palindrome dates, among other disadvantages of their date format? :grinning:

1 Like