đŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne G200

Guess the final product, we will find out when Andrew releases his review video. Even if it was the preview version I don’t think the difference would be that big, to get back the ear gain region they have to change a lot.

zeos said they were different idk
if/when people get their hands on them more opinions will shed some light on it

1 Like

I’ve heard the G200, amazing soundstage and detail, neutral sound and impressive build quality

I really hope we don’t get a repeat of the gl2000 quality issues. Sending one pair out that sounds great and another that sounds completely off. Crossing my fingers.

I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised when the G200 shows up in front of you, I really really like it

I dont know about calling such a headphone “neutral” with those graphs

1 Like
2 Likes

Heard HarmonicDyne released new PADS, looking forward to it

1 Like

Most “reviewers” on Youtube just push hype-train flavour-of-the-month from new-brand in China after the other.
Wait a couple of months and buy last quarters Hype-Phones second hand for a third the cost.

1 Like

just trust your ears

:thinking: my ears will just confirm it sounds dark considering the graph. While graphs may not tell you everything they will at the very least tell what kind of signature it has when compared against the harman curve(less the test was done poorly or something)

This
^^^ Got the zeus a hell of alot cheaper this way
 going to wait to try this
 already heard bad things

2 Likes

LoL scientist

Love the case

1 Like

Agree. With no batteries and no software in these products buying products at launch makes no sense.

It’s when they will be the most expensive, have the most paid promotion and earned media spots, and when we know the least about their durability.

This is the kind of hobby where you want to be 18 months behind everyone and get stuff at $0.30 on the dollar. Sort of like AAA video games. They cost $70 at launch, and are filled with bugs.

Best idea is to look for the top five lists from 2020. . And then in 18 months, all the stuff that people claim are great on the resale Market and everyone else will have moved on to the next big thing. Aria, 7hz etc etc
 if they’re as good as everyone says they are now, they’ll be just as good in a year when they’re half the price. It’s all about voiding the hype cycle

And if they’re not as good as everyone says, which is often the case, that will be more apparent as well.

4 Likes

This post should be pinned as a mantra. :slight_smile: The comparison to AAA video games is a bull’s-eye.

Yes, there are some new cans that truly advance the technology of audiophile headphones. But the vast majority of new models are just refinements of an existing design, so buying used 18 months after a very good new product comes to market usually is the smart way to go.

When you have a very good AMP, the G200 will give you unparalleled enjoyment and Excellent detail

Quite a few subjective comments being made here
which is typical in this hobby of course. However, careful when saying “when you have a very good AMP” to a headphone of the G200 caliber. We are not talking about a very difficult to drive headphone after all. Sure you can throw tubes or something that gives a HP character
but yeah just be careful on comments like that.

I am glad they make you feel that way. If that is the case then sounds like you have found your endgame.

Just to be clear, that was not sarcastic what I just said. Just making the point that it probably won’t give everyone that same level of experience thrown on a certain amp.

It’s all relative, the G200 itself is an easy to drive

I mean the g200 is a guy with potential, give it better DAC AMP and it goes right to your ears and shows up

Not saying you are a marketing account (or bot), however:

First time on the forum, praising a brand new (unreleased) headphone as “the best thing ever” is a bit suspect.

4 Likes