šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne G200

This is the official thread for the HarmonicDyne G200

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

5 Likes

I have really high hopes for this and I hope this doesnā€™t go the GL2000 way in terms of unit variation.
The only other review thatā€™s up on youtube isnā€™t exactly high praise. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s because heā€™s reviewing the pre-production model (Zeos also had two pairs, wasnā€™t too happy with the stock pads on those)

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be straight up. Iā€™m interested in these. The leather pads have something Iā€™ve been doing in secret feeling like a crazy person for years. That alone has me sold that someone involved payed attention. All that being said, Iā€™m definitely waiting for used prices at like a year from now. Not paying real money for a Harmonicdyne product no way no how. I loved the Zeus, like genuinely loved the Zeus for a lot of reasons but a lot of that hinged on me getting an entry price of $260 and if I were to be asked to pay $360 for a Zeus I would pass so hard. Theyā€™re an absolutely great headphone, donā€™t get me wrong, but theyā€™re really colored and even though I like their coloration, I wouldnā€™t personally pay for their lack of technicalities based solely on a nice soft presentation. Imaging and soundstage accuracy are fairly decent and their ability to place objects in a space has a slight redeeming quality but I donā€™t think itā€™s enough to warrant a $700 planar as their first entry to planars on pure trust.

I realize this seems pessimistic but I really do hope this thing knocks it outta the park.

1 Like

This ^. Im on the fence on this especially since they went planar. Id need to see much more, see its graphs for sound, and even then im concerned on the sound technicalities since i hated poseidon personally

2 Likes

ā€¦yeah so like hereā€™s the deal with the Poseidon. it was awful. butā€¦and itā€™s a Nicki Minaj size butt that if they can pull off something with the excessive warmth of the Zeus (while having that warmth without just colossal amounts of thick bass) and the detail of a planar then Iā€™m kinda sold on the whole idea and Iā€™d personally be totally up for the idea but as I said before, thereā€™s zero chance I pay retail on a Harmonicdyne product.

As always!

One says like this, the other like that :thinking: :rofl:

I think HDā€™s build quality is really good I havenā€™t tried all their stuff but the Zeus is something I like and the Poseidon wasnā€™t to my taste but it did some things really well, I thought it was better than the Focal Elegia which people rave about for the new pricing.
I have hope that itā€™ll be something I like since I almost always like things Zeos likes if some of my old gear Iā€™m selling sells Iā€™ll get one and share my thoughts

1 Like

Classical Z review. Barely any information how they soundā€¦ Bright, warm, darkā€¦???

With the recessed mids and treble they seem to go for the audeze sound. Resolve says they use the m1060 driver which is like a 200 dollar headphone now.

Man I almost feel bad if this is another miss from Z, just get a way to measure headphones before talking man, that way you donā€™t go out of your way praising something thatā€™s objectively trashā€¦

I think there is a difference between something that doesnt messure well to something that is bad, so weā€™ll wait and see what other reviewers say

1 Like

Anyway at least he has some objective data and some guidelines to describe the sound before talking, I didnā€™t hear ā€œitā€™s thick with no mids and highsā€ in his reviewā€¦

To be fair, this one is a LOT better than the GL2000. This one is actually detailed sounding (competitive at the price point for that), with good treble. Just needs EQ - like many of the older Audezes that ā€˜inspiredā€™ this driver.

3 Likes

Personally I dont put much stock in any one reviewer, dont care how many graphs or specs (that doesnt mean that graphs dont matter but its not the be all - end all), vivid descriptions and rants, listening just to one person to me is just gunning for disappointment.

To me the only way to make an educated decision is from an amalgamation of opinions and technical data

That graph, yeesh. Way too dark for my tastes. Z had me curious but as usual he failed to mention anything about how the things are actually tuned.

Graphs are definitely nice but donā€™t always tell the full story. Iā€™ll be happy to see more reviews on these to get all different perspectives of the sound. Over all I like the look of this new HPā€¦but gotta be more to it than that.

So far I have seen impression qualities of ā€œmuffledā€ and ā€œveiledā€ being used to describe themā€¦so definitely not a confidence builder.

One thing I would say just in general and this isnā€™t to pick on Harmonicdyne: you donā€™t need to include fancy accessories and things if you can represent excellent sound. For example: Hifiman, at least my Aryaā€™s, did not impress with the accessory package. Very forgiven considering how well they sound to me. Almost can relate to click-bait in a sense.

From what im seeingā€¦ Nice case, nice headphone, great build and cable, holy shit dark and not much in the bass. Heavy emphasis on audeze here but at this price why not just go get an lcd 2. Less im missing something so far im not at the $700+ impressed

Idk man I havenā€™t heard a hp that doesnā€™t ā€œsound like the graphā€, I get you can eq after and enjoy the comfort and technicalities but if youā€™re calling it ā€œa true flagshipā€ it better be actually good cause itā€™s looking misleading atmā€¦ And I get the ā€œwait for more reviewsā€ thing, but you knowā€¦ Zeos trying to start a hype wave again for some mediocre thing is almost sad for his reputation.

Is it ā€œa true flagshipā€ tho? But yeh Iā€™ll just wait for other reviewers, at least you have an objective stuff section I canā€™t really disagree withā€¦

Slightly off topic question, but this seems to be another planar with somewhat little amounts of bass, at least compared to mids - i realize itā€™s not out yet and due to driver type which someone mentioned seems to be inspired by audeze, but is it deliberate or is it hard to make a decent sounding bassier planar?

nothing does bass like a dynamic driver, thatā€™s just how it is. I know too little about how planar works but I know thereā€™s no way you can pump that much air like a dynamic can

question is was that the review sample or production sample

1 Like