šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Poseidon

Interesting, cause I am trying to decide between pos/zues or like the BD 900 pro x or some used 1990 pros

Damn was hoping for a more detailed zeus but without compromising the soundstage. I still wonder if this might be fun enough to be worth it at the Kickstarter price.

Ouch this keeps getting harsherā€¦ I think I will hang on to my slot and play with pad rolling it a bit since it fits my Beyer pads.

Linsoul has it on their site now $315 free express shipping. So thatā€™s $10 cheaper than the super early bird $325. What the hell.

Probably didnā€™t get as many orders as they wantedā€¦

probably, a lot of people pulled out after DMS and Resolve reviews. And they dont wanna be stuck with inventory

1 Like

$10,000 goal $242,486 pledged they set the bar low in the first place to score high lol

asked them about it they said it was an error and took it off of Linsoul lol

LOL, they did take it down

just got mine post initial impressions soon

1 Like

Initial impressions
upgraded 6xx?
soundstage is certainly more intimate but not as narrow as I was expecting based on the early reviews
vocals are very forward
bass is weird, thereā€™s not a lot of bass but the sub bass has a lot of impact
highs are pretty relaxed at the cost of low energy
currently feel like this is a love or hate headphone

1 Like

Received mine last week as well. Not much critical listening yet as been burning them in as I am busy with pre-holiday stuff as well. My other headphones include: Focal Clear Mg / Arya / 6xx. Listening on a Lyr 3 so far primarily.

As expected they are not competing with the Focal / Aryas but no one should be thinking they should. Overall I think they add more variety into the collection which is what I wanted. Build quality seems good for the price point and I find them very comfortable. They made some minor changes from the reviewer units but nothing major and overall they are really sharp looking headphones.

My general comment to others has been that if you only have one pair of headphones I wouldnā€™t recommend them (that is what Sundaraā€™s are for) but if you have a couple and like different sound signatures, then these are worth considering. Atleast at the Kickstarter price, I donā€™t know enough about the rest of the market to comment on the full range of options available.

1 Like

Been listening to mine the last few days, Iā€™m enjoying themā€¦ If Iā€™m honest more than I had thought I would!

1 Like

I just got my set today and Iā€™ve only listened to a couple songs so far so I canā€™t comment too much butā€¦

One huge thing I almost instantly noticed is how much the sound profile changes with these based on where they sit on your head. You can move these backward and forward on your head and they sound like a completely different pair of headphones. Iā€™m actually baffled how I donā€™t think this point was really mentioned in most of the YT reviews, as this could explain some of the different opinions. Simply move forward and they get more muddy and veiled, move backwards and then the details come in and so does clarity. I know this happens with other headphones too (IE Focal) but the changes to sound with this headphone are a lot more noticeable - at least to meā€¦ Maybe it could have to do with the extra large ear space this has.

I really think these will morph the sound a lot based on pad rolling and playing around with where you position them on your headā€¦ it also would make measuring these accurately really hard I would think.

Not sure how I feel yetā€¦ I donā€™t think I hate them, but I also donā€™t think I love them. Far too early to tellā€¦ time to game.

EDIT: Oh, the Purple Tripown Grania cable is really niceā€¦ kind of wish I ordered 2 colours now.

2 Likes

Openheart cable gang :+1:

1 Like

Hey guys, how do yaā€™ll feel about the Poseidon? Iā€™ve watched the reviews but they seem to be mixed.

Itā€™s on sale right now for 50% off on Linsoul ($220). Should I get it and EQ it? If so what EQ :pray:

1 Like

for that price I think itā€™s solid imo a better 6xx at everything besides bass stock (sub bass slams when called for but otherwise is recessed)
I personally havenā€™t tried eq on them so not sure how they respond

1 Like

I know itā€™s been mentioned, but I just canā€™t say enough about how garbage the cable the Poseidon comes with is. Piece of trash. Lost my right channel because the wire broke off the solder point tonight.

Cable went from being a piece of junk to a useless piece of junk. I canā€™t be bothered with the soldering iron. Everything would need to be shortened a little and re-soldered, and then it would still only be a usable piece of junk.

At least itā€™s just a cableā€¦ would be lousy for a person who only owned Poseidon and nothing else, though.

1 Like

Zeus cable was better not sure how they went backwards on that, think they learned their lesson though as their newer cables have seemed to be much better

Yeah, the Zeus Elite ones look genuinely nice. Just ordered a Hart cable for it. Maybe I can still use the adapter for when I want to use unbalanced, since it hasnā€™t broken yetā€¦