Have you ever been judged or stigmatized online just because of your profile picture?

…idiot… :crazy_face: /s

2 Likes

Cool we’ll leave it here then :+1:

1 Like

…idiot… :crazy_face:

:raised_hands:

3 Likes

Don’t worry… sometimes there is a need to vent.

If you actually feel troubled like this often, you can maybe look into cognitive behavioral therapy if you are interested. Honestly I don’t know much about it, but from what I understand, it is similiar to something I did myself in the realms of sport psychology/self-coaching, which was very effective when it came to focusing on the important things and having a better response to situations which would normally upset me.

1 Like

yes…often there is a need to vent, like after having chili. or chili dog. or chili cheese fries. or really anything that involves basked beans of any sort. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have not had experiences like that.

Then again, my profile picture is pretty close to “stock standard”.

@MazeFrame …tricky :grin:

2 Likes

Can’t really say ive had any bad experiences of this at all tbf and nearly most places I hang out or go no one says anything of if they do its normally just a joke or like hey thats cool I know that character. shrug Just gotta filter who u listen to and who u hang out with. I talk to loads who are into anime and those that just really arnt and dont really get any flac of any. May get called a Weeb a few times but again thats warrented and ngl I find it funny. Other than that nah never really as most places there are as many weebs out there as the so called “normal people with normal hobbies”

All I can say is ignore it and just move on, talk to other people who are like minded or people who dont look at a profile picture and instantly judge an entire person off that, if we did that irl no one would get anywhere would they.

I take it uve been pent up over this post and venting is always a good thing so dont let it get u down and cheer up bud. There is always someone happy to talk about ur hobbies with u even if thats some weeby shit. Nothing beats weebing out hahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree with this, though I am still working on it, for I had moments that I didn’t realize that they were only joking and it can be hard to tell sometimes from just mere texts, and I already had this perception online that most people that you’re going to meet are going to be assholes anyway. (I used to be one, and I still believe that I can be an asshole from time to time, which I why I prefer not to be and be more a decent being online, despite the privilege of having more anonymity online.)

I only realized it was a joke when someone told me that “Why are you being so defensive all of the sudden?” I mean can you even blame me, when some of your jokes way went too far on how you described me due to my anime profile pic? But yeah, it’s tough to have a sense of humor nowadays, especially when humor is fucked in general in my opinion.