Headphone coffee shop hangout

A place for general Open, Closed and On-ear set discussion…

2 Likes

Great! But where’s the coffee? You said there would be coffee! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Axle be like…

Reviews be like :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just saw that Fostex is coming out with flagship planar headphones. I am curious as to where they fall in that space.

5 Likes

I would like to demo them while sipping on a quad shot latte using 6 bean espresso from my favorite coffee shop. :smirk:

3 Likes

That Indigo is beautiful. I’m a sucker for that kind of craftsmanship and will to pay through the nose for it.

2 Likes

Got some Ethiopian coffee from my favorite shop, and brewed some this morning. Used the remaining brew for some iced coffee before my listening session. :yum:

1 Like

In other news, is anyone planning on preordering the Horizon closed back? He is not using the gold driver for the current runs of both open and closed variants. I am still planning on getting the open back version next year, but I will hold off on the closed until I see how I like the original.

1 Like

My daily, simps as fuck, just lets the beans tell their story :heart:

3 Likes

In the morning I drink my coffee black, so I am all for letting the beans speak for themselves. :wink:

Edit: Although my Puerto Rican family looks at me like I am crazy for doing so :joy:. Traditionally you boil milk and add it to the cup first, then you pore the espresso on top of it. That is how I grew up drinking coffee at my grandma’s house starting at age 7.

2 Likes

No sir, my daily is so simp that you’d all ban me from the thread … cough, keurig

I only get to enjoy fine coffee when out and about downtown where there are real shops specializing in pour-over and eclectic assortments of imported beans.

3 Likes

My morning coffee is 2.5oz of espresso bliss.

Expobar Office Lever espresso machine and an HG-1 hand-grinder with 53mm Mazzer burrs.

5 Likes

Some chatter in another forum has made me reconsider getting the Tungsten DS. Looking like Horizon and Caldera are going to be my 2025 headphone purchases (Unless I decide to buy Caldera early 2026 instead).

Anyone keeping a watchful eye on Hifiman news to see if/when they announce a HE1000 Stealth and/or SE successor. I have the feeling that if we see them drop the price of the Stealth and SE once more that the new variant will be announced shortly there after. That is what they did with the Arya Stealth prior to releasing the Organic.

It might be wishful thinking, but we shall see what 2025 brings. :wink:

2 Likes