Headphone for 60/40 music and gaming

You try the 58xs yet? Probably my favorite can in the collection for lo.fi and Doom but honestly you already x2s so it’s really a sidegrade

I have not honestly, I think from here it’s value HiFi, so either 4xxs to maybe sundaras, or straight to verum ones, or argon’s, or I might try the 6xxs. Depends, that definitely will take me a few weeks to get to though, I’ll be enjoying these and my amp and dac that are coming first.

Argons are probably a good buy. I would highly recommend against the Verums until they fix QC / return stuff. They ship from a small manufacturer in the Ukraine and are known to have issues. However, they’re supposed to sound great.

People who have had the PM-50s and the Verums have said that the PM-50s are pretty much the mid-point between the two.

Sundaras or Argon mods would be my rec, but I’d try the 4XX (cheap af planar) first before you dive into the planar world.

Between all of those I would go argon’s or sundaras to compliment what you already own personally.

1 Like

I see. After listening for a few hours, and im assuming that my thoughts will change over time, but I’m understanding now how people would dislike the X2’s, being sort of bright (i heard this very strongly on Gooey by Glass Animals) and having airy bass (that is there but I don’t hear chest rattling bass on Watercolour by Pendulum). I didn’t think I’d enjoy how bright these are, believing myself to be a bass head (and I’d love bass I can feel in my chest), but I am actually enjoying these quite a lot. I could do with a little less treble, so they might avoid being fatiguing, but I’d love to try a true neutral headphone now (6XX or the like) and a bass monster (Argons are so tempting just because of their value). I wish I had known about Can Jam when it was in Philly, as this year it doesn’t seem to be around and going to a HiFi meet would be really useful to hear some of the cans I want to try before buying. Man, I am shocked at how I’m really enjoying these though, especially with how much shit they get on some of the audiophile discords.

Yeah, Argons look so sexy, and I think the 2 I really want right now are those and 6XX’s, to have a true neutral can (to replace the DT 770 I have right now that I’d like to eventually mod to have a detachable cable, maybe grab a small bluetooth dac/amp and make that my on the go setup) and a bass monster.