Headphone/Headset for High Level CS:GO

It’s very well known to be used for sure… it has separation of sound issues but in cases of games like cs this really isn’t affected. That and the SHP9500 since they are roughly in the same budget are both really good ($50-$70 ish) but I definitely wouldn’t rate them better than tygr 300r or something like dt 880. Only thing it may beat tygr in is something like verticality since the ad700x has more air to it however, this is fairly negligible and not worth worrying too much on. If someone really wanted a ton of verticality capabilities thats more a planar like hifiman sundara or 400SE like @Pokrog will mention

I just can’t get behind this sort of thing since the headband is quite uncomfortable to me… that 3d wing system is definitely a hit or a miss. Top that off with the headphone itself feels cheap so I was concerned about breaking them.

so the thing about hd 600 compared to something like 58x jubilee and 560s is that the 600 series of sennheisers are extremely intimate in soundstage while the 500 series is quite a bit larger and more on the average size of things making them better in regards to verticality.

those gaming headsets man… are just dreadful in so many cases it pains me to recall how long I used to use them.

the bass is quite strong as I mentioned previously… its a bit too heavy but you can also just EQ it back or adapt to it… for a closed back the stage on it is very large and rather clear for footsteps… though at the moment I think there may be a better option in the new 700 pro x which is a bit more expensive but if its anything like the 900 pro x I just got in then it would definitely be potentially a better contender…

verticality is strong on 700x due to a fairly strong air quality and good stage size, 560s and 58x are better than 600 series sennheisers as mentioned above as 600 sennheisers are extremely intimate and one of the biggest issues I have with those sennheisers as I prefer a much larger stage, game zero is junk and outdated your better off with pc38x but it still has that gamer value to it meaning its most likely not going to outpace headphones within around $75

I’m getting more and more anxious to give up “gaming” headsets kkkk.

Well, in conclusion… DT 770 > AD700x > 560S > 58x > PC38X > 600 series > everything that involves ‘‘game’’ or ‘‘gaming’’ in name.
That’s right? Would everyone agree? :slight_smile:

Dt 770 > AD700X( only if needing verticality otherwise this will plummet towards the bottom) > 560s =/= 58x(depends on use and person) =/= 600( hd 660s is a monster in many cases outside of lacking soundstage in smaller fps where soundstage is less needed this can compete on par with tygr) >>> pc38x

Sennheiser is one of those jack of all trades headphone. 58x fits practically anywhere you put it as it’s not really bad anywhere at all… 660s and its alternatives of the series gain better performance but at the cost of soundstage… that isn’t to say those 600 series are bad… they are damn near laser focused its just they cant place very far away when you want them to.

Ad700x is your ultra budget friendly headphone… maintains a legend status amongst gamers due to how good it works in fps despite such a cheap price… however the issues with separation and overall sound qualities dont get etched out till the massively more expensive ad2000x… the alternative to this is the akg k7 series but those have imaging inaccuracies

Dt 770 main issue is the mids are slight recessive and bass is a touch to much… it takes someone acclimating to use it right… however once your used to it the headphone is one of the best closed backs you can have in its price… it does have a gamer equivalent just like the dt990( which is the tygr btw) called mmx300 where it’s a bit more game focused less on the bass but not much… it’s the only version of 770 that sounds good at low ohm… 770 itself should only be used at 250 in fps otherwise 80 for regular gaming as 80 ohms is bassier

Price is the other thing… if were shopping around you can find ad700x for around $70 sure but beyers like 770 can be found at $90-$150, sennheiser there are usually around $120-$150 or so with the 600 series being double that

So around your typical price of a gamers headset …

I would still encourage an amp down the road of things nothing expensive of course but it opens alot of doors to headphones and usually makes them sound much better regardless.

Yeah, the ad700x is a budget fps min-maxed headphone, not at all an all-rounder like the Senns and the DT770 is. No bass to speak of, and while the separation issues never bothered me in-game, it is apparent in music. The build feels a tad cheap, but I’ve never had any issues with that either, although to be fair, I take good care of my headphones, so I’m not exactly a good tester for this :smiley:

The 770 used to be my daily driver for a while, so I did game quite a bit in that too, and if you made an EQ profile just for fps and then turned it off afterwards, that’d be almost perfect. Also abou the bass, it’s too much for games, but for enjoying music, it is a treat!

I’d honestly ignore the Game Zero here, it’s not really worth it.

As far as the 560s and the 58X go, I’ve only hearc each of them very briefly at a friends place, so I’ll defer to @Falenkor here