Headphone Upgrade Music/Gaming

I recently upgraded my amp to an asgard 3 and I have an e30 on the way to compliment it, after listening to it for a while I’ve realised that as much as I love my t50s I’m finding them to be a bit harsh for my usual music listening although I do like them for stuff like RATM. I tend to listen to all sorts of music, but mainly I listen to Hip Hop. I’ve found that I am preferring my 650s a bit due to them sounding a bit warmer and appealing to me, so I think I’d like to go for something like the 650s but wider.

I am thinking that I’d want to spend around £300, but I’m not sure whether I would be better going for one set of headphones like I currently use my t50s for since they are so comfortable, or go for two sets?

I have been looking at Sendaras (not entirely sure what they are like for games) as a single set as I really like planars from what I have seen and experienced with my t50s, or going for something like the dt880s/k702s for games and then getting he4xxs or Nighthawks for music?

1 Like

See the issue is that the sundaras altho not bright are definitely not warm. If you didn’t like the Beyer I don’t think you would like the sundara. Honestly, looking for a Nighthawk on the other hand might be a really good idea since you listen to alot of hip hop and are looking for a warmer sound sig. I own both and can recommend the Nighthawks for you quite a bit

Btw the 4xx is also not warm and I think pales in comparison to the Nighthawks in basically everything. For music I would suggest the Nighthawks

I am really liking the look of the Nighthawks and looks like I can get them for £250 brand new. After watching reviews on them online they sound like they’d be exactly what I’m looking for, more bass and a larger soundstage. I will definitely be wanting to make a custom cable for them though :sweat_smile:

I think I may take a look around to see if anything else comes to mind, but I think that the Nighthawks may be ideal for me sound signature wise. I’d probably end up getting them first and seeing how I get on with them in games and then deciding on whether or not to try dt 880s or something.

1 Like

based on what you wrote here, more bass/larger soundstage thicker and warmer sound i think they are right up your alley. would be really enjoyable. oooooo that price isn’t bad either! i would go for it, specially since they are becoming harder to find at reasonable prices. Imaging is very good, but i’m not a gamer so i’m not sure if they would be ideal for games. but i think if you prioritize sound for music, and then gaming they might be a gem. with the 880, you would probably get better gaming but way less enjoyable sound for ur music considering what you like

Managed to get it for £225 with a voucher off of eBay from the same shop. Can’t wait to see what they’re like, gonna take a look at making my own cable for them as the stock one doesn’t seem too great.

3 Likes

Great deal…especially NIB! Hope you enjoy, and let us know your thoughts once you get them!

2 Likes

nice, I hope you like them. Btw, both the pleather and suede pads sound good but pretty different. i would say that pleather make them more of a well rounded headphone while the suede pads really kick up the bass, tame the treble and give a different sound presentation. i would suggest you try both

I’ll be sure to test both out and see how I do with them, will also not cast judgement on what I prefer properly until they have burned in.

1 Like

sounds good!