Headphones for Gaming, Streaming and Music

Yeah I don’t plan on changing that any time soon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So on the 177x Go, are they just a more refined version of the 1770?

I would personally say so, they are generally warmer with a more relaxed sound, somewhat balanced, but still maintain a fair amount of the technicalities of the 1770 imo. I think the stock 1770 is a bit too forward, a bit too bloated in the low end, and a bit too peaky in the treble in comparison imo

1 Like

more like a less sibilant headphone

1 Like

Personally, I didn’t like the velour for casual use. Pad swapping alters the sound a bit. I swapped to the leather pads… ended up swapping to my brainwavz xl perf leather pads upon recommendations and those sit on there quite nicely.

1 Like

I had to swap my pads on my m50x’s to some velour pads from brainwavz, they definitely changed the sound and I preferred the stock pads so I switched back to them for a while but were just so destroyed I had no real option, Luckily the 177x has 2 sets in the box so I can experiment with what I like!

Most definitely, I think you will enjoy the 177x go should work fine.

Just to check to make sure you aren’t overspending, how much can you get the 177x for?

1 Like

Looks like they are $450 + $5.74 for shipping to the UK

So about the same as what I’d pay for the 1770x on amazon here

Dang the price went up, they used to be 380 usd, but that’s not a bad price, that’s decent, is that including any import fees?

Not sure about import fees, I’ll have a look around and see what other people say, because I don’t want to get a big charge just before I get my package :confused:

Yeah I would make sure you don’t get hit with way more then you would expect, if it goes over 500 that’s kinda getting into the realm of a bad deal. If you order from drop as a new person you can get like 20 dollars off so there is that too

thats insane good then, its $450 for everyone in the US too
i say get
btw the charts are on the drop page and they include a bunch of different pads charts too
wouldnt the import fees show before checkout confirmation? im sure massdrop is good about letting you know about all fees?

edit: is it possible to mark “gift”? lol

1 Like

Massdrop won’t mark it as a gift and even if they did, the value is over £150 so I’d still have to pay the fee :confused:
I’ll have to look but assuming I can get it for about that price I’m gonna go for it

good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like