Headphones From Companies Not Known For Headphones?

it is a colaboration with a bit more low end extension on the Adam´s

collaboration with whom?

between Ultrasone and Adam Audio

1 Like

Nad HP50s, otherwise…
Polk audio lol. :confused:

I actually kinda liked the nad headphones. Didn’t think there was anything glaringly bad about them

I stumbled on this. My ballin’ on a budget TV brand has an ANC headphone. These might actually be a Tao Tronics killer that I have been desperately searching for.

For twice the price I hope for you that it’s not just a rebrand. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cambridge Audio makes a pair of true wireless in ear monitors which I’ve been enjoying for about a month now. I know its off topic and bluetooth and in ears but honestly under reviewed and from a reputable high end audio separates manufacturer, so maybe not so off topic. :sweat_smile: at any rate sorta a compromise of tips but playback is exceptional through my lg v50 running developer settings to force different codecs. Their first foray into hp type hifi, I think they knocked it out of the park. Imaging, and depth of the same, is remarkable. Model name Melomania 1 after their custom built performance space in London, resonably priced at $150 or so. The buds have a whopping 9 hrs each and another 36 or so in the case which is very much in the style of air pods. Have used daily each week and charged it 3 times since unboxing a month ago. Highly recommend to anyone hesitant about the “true wireless” experience. Cambridge Audio crushed it on their first attempt, albeit a couple years into the game.
Sorry for the long thread, if it needs to be moved I’ll understand.

Interesting, thanks for the info :+1: Seems like a pretty good true wireless at a good price, and Cambridge is a fairly respected company. Not the biggest fan of the design, but it does seem like they would be pretty nice

Just curious, do you have any iems to compare to?

1 Like

In terms of wired or bt?

Either works, just want to get a frame of reference if you don’t mind

Well i use the T2 as an entry point for in ears. Before that ive run sennheiser HD 280 PRO and ATH-M40 in a studio environment for a few years. I prefer neutrality mostly, but enjoy a decent image most during easy listening. I had tried the jabra elite 65 but found the shaft to be too small to really seal well regardless of tips. The Melomania 1 have what i can almost imagine as a dsp model of their venue and they’ve crafted these to present a midsized but still intimate soundstage. I listen to a lot of acoustic music and spoken word, and these are phenomenally detailed in the mid bass up through the 5-10k range, which can become a jumbled mess in my studio experience. I try to compare products to life rather than each other. Sorry if im rambling.

No problem lol. I also enjoy neutrality, especially for mastering, but not all the time. The m1 seems pretty interesting, because a fair amount of the higher end true wireless iems just didn’t impress me whatsoever. Not really in the market, but my dad want’s to get a good wireless pair, so I’ve been kinda paying attention.

How is the actual user experience? I have used a fair amount of wireless products with poor paring and range, or just strange issues that occur, nothing really remotely seamless yet (for in ears)

Also one last question, does it have a low noise floor or is hiss somewhat present

In an open air environment i used them at about 35 ft before they started to show any dropouts, however one caviate is that they are fixed stereo. Not awful from a “i want to listen to good music and do stuff around the house” vibe, but it simply wont go to mono unless you have the ability to sum your tracks on your device. So out and about, not as versatile as air pods but something i can live with. Their battery life is what really kills me though… a week, week and a half no problem.

That sounds pretty solid usability wise, although the sum to mono can be helpful, but that could be accomplished with a quick macro and some competent music playing app

1 Like

Noise floor is as non existant as the recording allows. These really are astonishing tiny things. The controls can be arduous but if the idea is simply a wired sound from wireless device these are my end game. Bt 5.0 super efficient and super controllable from dev mode.

1 Like

:thinking: who’d have thought it…

Damn dude I wish the shell had some leather implemented on it.

Wonder who makes these???

Those look like rebranded B&W P9

2 Likes