Headphones that adapts easily based on the EQ settings?

Any ideas of cans like that? I just want to know if there is such a good pair of cans that has a function like that. Obviously there are, but what brand? or what makes it different to the brands I know? I would appreciate an incite.

By adapt easily so you mean it responds well to eq or automatically calculates and eq for you

responds well to the EQ like it’s very accurate.

Hmmm, well what price range are you looking in?

well give me a good starting point, like it’s not too cheap and not too expensive. it’s like in the middle the right spot.

I think the beyerdynamic dt880 600 ohm is very good for eq imo (it’s a great overall headphone too imo)

I see, luckily that one is accessible here according to the online store I am buying from and interesting it is also a semi-open back as well. Might give this a whirl one the time comes.

It’s also very comfortable too. But it does really want a good amp. Like a pretty good amp. I think you would also have to spend like 150 USD on an amp

yeah that is true, but let’s see if it can make it work with my Topping NX3s. Sometimes you just need to use on what you currently have at the moment.

Can’t say a ton for other headphones, but my Nighthawk Carbon EQ pretty well. Give a little bass boost, very nice, or a little more midrange.

1 Like

I would suggest the dt880 250 ohm instead then as while it’s not as refined as the 600 ohm, it is much more drivable imo

2 Likes

Ooohh the Nighthawks look cool and they are from AudioQuest as well I only know them for like their DragonFlys.

Yeah they have a very different sound than most headphones. Pretty wide and they sound a bit 3D. I love mine. I would say they are slightly v-shaped, but at the same time the treble feels a little dialed back compared to Beyerdynamic headphones, and the sub bass is slightly elevated. Not a lot though. They sound like a pair of loudspeakers. If you are looking for a closed back version, the Nightowl is very similar.
They don’t require an amp they are easy to drive, but an amp always helps.
But yes, I love mine.

1 Like