Headphones with Deeper Earpads or Work Well with Deeper Replacements

Also do you like the sound of the cb1-s?

Ahh got it. If I’m also using this with a desktop PC, will the digital controls also work to change volume?

Have any recommendation for an inline potentiometer cable?

At first I didn’t think so. Now after I’ve tried them a few times I’m liking them better. Not sure if that is just due to the pad change, or me needing to also get used to a sound signature that is different from my only other pair of headphones. More testing to come.

With a PC it depends, it might work with a laptop but most likely not a desktop

Looking on Amazon, there aren’t any specific volume potentiometer cables I can recommend, as I haven’t tried any that I see for sale

I’ve realized a pair of decent sounding headphones that can work over bluetooth would also be nice. Went ahead and bought the Taotronics 46. Pad depth is good, but the audio quality seems kind of poor. I’m holding hope that it’s the crappy bluetooth adapter I’ve got, or some setting I’m missing, that accounts for the poor sound.

If it turns out that they just don’t sound good, I’m considering buying another set of closed back headphones and adding a bluetooth adapter. Given that the CB-1’s don’t easily come with the same pads anymore, I’m looking for a different second set of closed back headphones. As long as they come with deeper pads or work well with 3rd party replacements, I’m game for options. Don’t care about the material anymore as long as it isn’t like a rock.

The Beyerdynamic DT770’s would probably be what I would get if they had a detachable cable. I see you also previously listed the AKG 371’s, which I’ve definitely had my eye on, but wondered if they were any good after Z’s review. If they were on sale again I might give them a try. Wonder if the pad’s are replaceable on them too.

Feel free to toss out any other options that might come to mind.

I would say the k371 and beyerdynamic custom studio would be my picks tbh