Hearing protection

Surprised to see no one has recommended Loop earplugs yet. I find them comfortable enough throughout my day, but I wouldn’t sleep with them.

1 Like

Huh. These look pretty good, but I don’t think they are up to the kind of noise reduction I require. Plus I am not sure how many times you can use them before you have to chuck them. What has been your experience with wear and tear?

The tips can last 2-3 months if you use them on a daily basis. The replacement tips are fairly priced, though.

FYI, you can find a few good recommendations for random stuff on wirecutter.com. That’s where I found these earplugs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool. Great info. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday to you!

1 Like

Of course not. It can be used in many cases. :wink:
Speakers, home audio, car audio anything you would like to measure now and years to come.
Accurate and precise measurements. Good tool to any audiophile.

1 Like

Something for the topic.
It’s been in the “maybe” list in things to buy. Friend had these with long road trips on car.

19 & 22 db filters. Claims to preserve music quality.

They also have Work filters.
Up to 27db and Warning signals and talking remains audible.

2 Likes

Dual flange is usually more comfortable to me then triple, so if I really don’t like the ones I ordered, I may look at those

OMG! WorkSafe has a free cord!!!

3 Likes

I had a road construction project that started right after we went to work from home, and I had a hard time with noise, until I bought a pair a passive firing range hearing protection. The nice part was that I could wear my IEMs under them. It got me the isolation of both and was a pretty cheap solution, since I already had the IEMs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B099JFL2PJ