Heaven 11 Billie Amp

Interesting review. Not horrendously priced.
Not cheap though.

Website

2 Likes

Very solid amp overall, a more tuby hybrid that is very pleasing. Although the style is iffy for me lol

3 Likes

Hey @PABastien and @M0N!

I have a pair of Tekton Double Impacts coming in a few weeks and have read reviews of great experiences with folks driving the beasts with tube amps… In particular the Billy Amp. I am close to pulling the trigger but don’t like the looks much either. Do you know of any similiar integrated tube amps ($2 grand-ish or less) I might consider? I’ve never owned or used tubes before so would be a first experience. The Double Impacts are fairly sensitive so extreme power not necessary. I just want to experience tubes without breaking my bank.

Thanks much for any ideas!

Corwin

If you’re looking for the Tube experience I’d go with a Schiit Freya + preamp and then any other Pass low wattage type kit Amp Camp kit, or just buy a Schiit Aegir. Less money and real tube sound from the preamp.

2 Likes

Depending on the sensitivity of the double impacts he could also get a low wattage decware amp for a sub 2000 price as well
This for example https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE34I.htm

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions @db_Cooper and @PABastien… I will look into your suggestions!

Corwin

If you don’t mind DIYing, check out the Bottlehead amp kits.

1 Like

For a full tube integrated, you have a few options, I guess it would depend on what you want out of the speakers? Also what dac are you running at the moment @Corwin?

1 Like

I currently have an Emotiva XDA-2 and an Acurus DIA Mkii integrated amp, both bought new years ago and used on and off. I have not received the speakers yet. I ordered them New Years day with a two month wait for build. Music is primarily high quality flac files played from dedicated laptop.

Set-up will be in living room and used for music (almost all genre except rap) and film. Not looking for a high dollar system, just something pleasurable :slight_smile:

Have already played with some room treatments, etc. Want to get away from using headphones and/or my monitors (Adam T7Vs and A5Xs). I enjoy the T7Vs but they are lacking… Time to get a little more serious.

Thanks for the kind suggestions folks!

Corwin

Before I say anything, I actually might suggest waiting and hearing them on your current setup, and that way you can get a better idea what you are looking for and how you would want to tilt the speakers in your setup imo, as there’s lots of different ways to tilt the double impacts and what way you want to go will depend on preference

1 Like

Absolutley agree… Learning and planning. Thanks much, I really appreciate the thoughtful folks here at HF… Much friendlier than Audiogon in general.

Corwin