Help for choosing a new amp/dac

Hello everyone,
I have had a fiio E07-K since 2013, was using it with different headphones and recently bought a new headphone and now I can feel its age.
So I decided to upgrade it, now I am stuck between some models, namely:

Fiio new K3
Fiio KA3
IFI ZEN AIR DAC
There is also Fiio k5 pro but currently its out of my budget. I prefer not to buy this one.

My headphone is Sony MV1, I want something with good staging and mostly flat response without bleed (considering this price point) can you help me which one to choose?

Thank you

JDS Labs Atom+ amp and DAC. $220 for the stack.

Ample, clean power. Simple design. VERY reliable. Phenomenal customer service.

Only negative is it’s single-ended, which won’t work if you’re wedded to balanced cables and power.

1 Like

Topping DX1 or Fiio new K3. If you are able to stretch your budget then Fiio K7

1 Like

Thanks a lot everone.
Unfortunately JDS Labs Atom+ and topping dx1 (dx3+ is available) arent available localy and I dont have the patience to import them.
So I’m stuck with these models (based on my budget).

Just one more question:
Is it even ok to buy something like K3? Will it make a difference? Or is it better to stay my hand until I have more budget?

If you are on a fixed $100+ budget, then there are few alternatives in the price point. As you approach $200+ there are far more options. This is coming from the state of the US market though, so you might have more or less options depending on the market you are purchasing in. If you are willing to save up and purchase separate amp and DAC units then something like this is also a decent option Drop + SMSL HO150X Linear Headphone Amplifier | Audiophile | Amps

Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

These are some great options! I think any of these will be adequate. Just keep an eye on the wallet :saluting_face:

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I will buy one of them tomorrow and will report back my experience.

Ok i bought the K3, and it is worlds apart. Its weaker as I have to go to around 80-90 percent volume on low gain, but quality wise you can feel the age of E07-K.
Thank you everyone