Help me determine how to spend $1,500

Wait no i think he only meant he thought he only needed. Dt1990 until He read more in the Internet and dug deeper right?
Or did i Miss something.

1 Like

Yeah I just realized that lol, messed up a bit there

2 Likes

Based on all of this feedback, does it seem logical that deciding to go with the Element 2 as a building block for the set makes sense? It seems like (generally speaking) it is going to make a fine-great pairing with pretty much anything I am considering. Does this sound logical?

Yes, @Lukas00 thatā€™s correct. Iā€™ve never owned the DT-1990.

I think so, for most of the mid-range cans it will perform very admirably. Itā€™s a good all rounder too, when you get into the higher end cans you really want to get specific amps and dacs for the exact headphones you go for, so getting something all around good for the time being is a smart choice

2 Likes

I think you need to take the plunge on something as a starter. You canā€™t research your way with the sources youā€™ve mentioned accurately. Iā€™m speaking from experience with the Nuemans NDH 20 + THX. $900 of wasted hopes and dreams there based on research I thought would be goodā€¦ But wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Not sure if this changes things at all, but I do have options to purchase the Focal Elex from an individual on Reddit. Theyā€™re from the first drop and I would be able to get them for $600 (seems like a decent deal?) and I also have another person who has a brand new set of Clears for sale that I can get for $1,250. Also just had someone message me with a THX 789 and a pair of Aeolus for saleā€¦ Not sure on pricing.

Man this is tough! Haha.

Edit: My question here is if any of these are good enough deals/enough of a no brainer to go with?

Thats why i suggest buy an amp buy like 3 To4 Headphones you could imagine to use. Compare them for like 2 weeks, keep one and you will have a much lower risk picking a wrong one.
I know itā€™s not good to return stuff but if you do it rarely and if you pay this much you can make someone happy by giving them a B-Stock option at the company youā€™re returning it too. Win win for all.

3 Likes

You need patience and there will always be deals. Elex for $600 is quite high imo. Iā€™d go cheaper and the Elegiaā€™s can be found for $450 and are better respected with less clipping issues.

2 Likes

The elex is a decent deal, but the clears are a bit high in price, they can be found cheaper elsewhere imo

Personally canā€™t say thatā€™s a good pairing from when I have heard them together

They are decent deals but imo nothing that really is a buy right now moment or anything

1 Like

This seems like a good thing to consider. Need to figure out what those 3-4 mid range headphones might be.

I did that quite often so i have tried nearly all famous mid tier Headphones available in my region. Dont do it like me. Also i kept too many of them.

1 Like

Inb4 the nighthawk gang adds to the ranks.

3 Likes

You could buy expensive Headphones from big companys try them and if you Like them return them wait for B-Stock and buy them. Or you could then buy it from people Here or on eBay.
Hehehe never pay full Price If you can :smiley:

Mid tier for me is my Eikons coming in tomorrow. My upper mids tier is the Abyss Diana Phi (you want to talk about a gaming headphone experience?)

Man I donā€™t even want to think about spending THAT kind of money on headphones! Haha.

I would avoid all those deals you mentioned. If the Aeolus is with an OTL, now that would be a good deal. Aeolus loves tubes (as I have been told).

You talked to M0N, you are thinking. Itā€™s going happen.

1 Like

I do think something like a hagerman labs tuba did make the aeolus more enjoyable for me, but I still canā€™t say it was that capable for the price (the aeolus)

1 Like

This is slander at this point lol

Iā€™ll have to catch up with this thread tomorrow (or technically today) since clearly I need sleep with what I was misreading lol

I have the Aeolus and i have to say i wasnt really impressed. I guess it was too warm? I even Like my Elex more especially my Arya.

2 Likes