Help me pick an IEM

Hi all,
Sorta new around, stalking mainly…

There’s that Linsoul event soon and I nabbed a $100 card and was wondering if you guys could help me decide which iem to pick up (or headphone) ;).

Got (and enjoy through iFi ZEN dac v2) -
7hz timeless
Truthear zero og

Meze 99 noir
HE5xx
iBasso sr 2

Listening mainly to -
Metal
Prog rock
Jazz
Edm
Female vocals
Etc…

Considering either -
Letshouer D13
Simgot ea500
Dunu Kima
or -
Thieaudio Ghost

Welp?

I feel like the EA500 might be your best bet, especially for the rock part of your library, but it won’t have the hard hitting bass like the D13 for your EDM library.

Hmmm calling @GooberBM :rotating_light:

2 Likes

I’d drop the Kima right away. That’s not going to do enough of anything for you.

EA500 would be a bit of a departure from your usual tastes (particularly Timeless and 99 Noir, stand out as not playing music back the same as EA500 much at all).

It’s not on Linsoul but I think you’d dig the Fiio JD7, honestly.

If you’re going to stick with Linsoul only cause of the coupon. I’d probably either say go with your gut and get the D13 (and the SGOR Venus for a cheap beater while you’re at it), or jump up to the Kiwi Ears Quartet. @ToneDeafMonk thoughts on Quartet in this situation?

4 Likes

I think like Archos - Tony Tex that the Quartet has a bit of a funny tuning , maybe some poor driver choices and you money would be spent elaewhere.

Hard to give recs to people without knowing thier preferred tuning but lots of great stuff out there and for less and less these days.

Simpler the better a single DD is a good choice.

3 Likes

If that’s the case then trust your gut and go with the D13. But my personal rec is the SGOR Venus even though it’s just a little $20 set or the JD7 if (by chance) you go out of the Linsoul ecosystem

4 Likes

P1 Max is at $99

4 Likes

All hail the Pandas :panda_face:

3 Likes

Only thing with Pandas are they’re not that bassy V-shape that he prefers if he likes Timeless/Meze 99s

Kinda like with EA500, P1 Max would be a pick if he wants to actively get something that’s not in that style

2 Likes

I think that’s the point though.

I haven’t heard them myself but from people online they seem like a good choice for his library.

FWIW I have the P1 Plus and really love them for rock, metal, hardcore, punk. They are very unique sounding.

1 Like

First off

You lot rule!
Id buy you a bear if I could.

I thought about going for something different then my current setups, meaning, im still in my searching phase.

So either ea5000 or… Pandas?

2 Likes

Buying us all bears is a bold move :bear:

If you want the most different (in this case a brighter, which could get harsh if you don’t like it, sound) then go EA500. If you want different (as in not full V-shape) but familiar, go P1 Max

4 Likes

Hehehe, i just need to find someone whos willing to ship dangerous animals and were all set :wink:

I was somewhat leaning towards the D13 (for the dunu zen vibe)… Still close to home?

1 Like

My choice only on FR - D13 :beer:

3 Likes

D13 sounds like a solid choice!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:
Am bound to Linsoul, free $50… so… yeah… i’m a slut i know :open_mouth:
will probably be the D13… never know till you hit that confirm button though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

GLWP, sir :grin: