Help! Monolith headphone amp thx 887 Amp no longer works :(

As far as I can tell it no longer works. Everything is plugged in properly. And keep in mind when the amp is working properly the light is white. image|666x500

Well… that looks like the protection circuit is permanently kicked in. (Which might mean it’s a cheap/easy fuse replacement? but I can’t direct you how to check that or do that).

Unlikely, but first thing I’d check even before that is whether you moved the switch on the side somehow to toggle to overseas voltages…

Disconnect everything and see if the light is still red.

Does the manual say anything what the red light means?

The Op-Amps in the SMSL SP200 can report faults (over-current and over-temperature), so maybe that causes the amp to “lock out”?

I have checked for a manual and it did not come with one! But like the gentleman pointed out earlier. It would seem the fuse is no good. Then again Im not sure it makes the most sense to me.

[image|375x500]
(upload://laXStOOE2mOgU62otYUFoTcNnaY.jpeg)

I had a similar issue. You may have fried the protection circuit with EOS. Get a warranty replacement if a reboot doesn’t fix it.

May I ask how you reboot??

The photo you posted does not have any fuses (neither SMD or any other type).
For reference, SMD fuses:

AFAIK it is the power-controll circuit of the THX-amp family:
Consists of a TI HC109 and ADV7181. If it does what I think it does (can’t check because I don’t know anyone willing to let me stab their THX-amp with a multimeter), that circuit locks out the Op-Amps from recieving signal if any of them raises an error flag.

Look for an arrangement like this (insides of the AAA-789):
Maybe there is a metal shard bridging out some pins.

this

Clearly I was completely confused about how protection circuits work when I mentioned a “fuse.” Apologies — I didn’t mean to give false hope. I am glad we have @MazeFrame and people like him… and am sorry there’s not a super simple fix.