Help upgrading from a Schiit stack into something with a front power switch

It really comes down to a personal thing. But I wouldn’t consider a switch because of aesthetics. I would have to have the switch close by for easy access and that won’t look good. Sure its practical, but it won’t look nice. Just imagining the clutter I would have to organize is daunting.

Instead I went with a Topping mx5 which is a good dac/amp combo for both speakers and headphones. It’s got a lot of other features but the fact that I have it all in one device really keeps the wires and clutter down to a minimum.

Nice. I here you on the clutter. Wire management for audio gear along with power bricks makes for a mess. Most wire management comes from the PC world. So its okay if your sitting at a desk. Its also not practical for the range of cables we use. Its also nice to here someone else has concerns about asthetics. We chase after components that are audibly superior than the average accepted crap. Its important to have a certain “look” that conveys the passion of how we feel about our interest.