Help upgrading my ears

What about an AKG K701 for $80?

Hmmm thatā€™s a pretty solid deal, and would be able to run ok out of a solo interface

Ye, if i read it correctly its pretty much the same as the k702

Itā€™s a bit different, the 702 is a bit more full/warmer sounding than the 701, the 701 is a bit more lean/dry in comparison, also no detach cable as well

How much of a difference is there between a 32 ohm and 600 ohm version? Can you quantify it? A lot of people want a lower impedance for these headphones and im not sure if its a good idea.

I really am not a fan of the lower ohm versions, I think that the 600 ohm is most likely about imo 20%? better than the lower impedance in terms of detail, refinement, and coherency vs the 32 ohm assuming you have a proper amp for the 600 ohm

1 Like

if were going to run a headphone off a interface I feel the hd 58x would be a better direction personally guaranteed to work and is a good allrounder and is one of the best in gaming for its price bracket.

1 Like

though the akg k701 for $80 isa good deal definitely better than the superluxā€™s but I dont really think the superluxs sound good at all personally so most things are an upgrade

1 Like

I would be inclined to agree here, the 58x is fairly solid as well

I think the k701 at $80 is a good deal, and will be quite nice for gaming. For music Iā€™d lean more towards the Beyers - plus, I like their build and fit better. I wasnā€™t a fan of the 58x myself, but I seem to be in the minority on that.

If i go with the beyerdynamic i probably want the higher ohm versions, for those i need a new amp, i cant really afford both, running them from my steinberg is not an option unless i find one low ohm version used, which is next to impossible.

So many options and i cant really decide :smiley:

Tyranny of choice. Welcome to the headphone world. Just gotta jump in and see what you like. Like several people have said those AKGs are a good deal at $80. Iā€™d say try them and see what you think.

One more thing i found
Akg k612 for the same price as the k701, which is better?

For gaming? I would personally prefer the 701, for music I would pick the 612