Help with a Headphone issue on PS4

Hello guys, first I would like to apologize for my English, I am not a native speaker and I used google for some things.

I live in Brazil and I am very limited by the options of headphones, DAC, amps in my country.

I own a Beats Studio 3, I know that many will criticize it for being very bad and expensive but at the time when I bought it I was really caught up in marketing, and honestly from my NOOB perspective I think it is good.

I use it with a V-Moda Boom connected to the PS4 controller. The problem is that the sound from the headset is too low.

I searched the internet and found the Sharkoon Gaming Dac that promised to increase the volume a lot, however, it didn’t work.

I’m researching the Fx Audio X6 because it has an optical input, but from what you can understand if I use the microphone connected to it it won’t work.

Would you like your help if it is possible to solve this problem cheaply? At the moment I would not like to buy a new headset or headset, mainly because of the Ps5 that will launch.

I thank you for your help, hug!

1 Like

Hello,
This is very easy to solve.
You have to connect your Ps 4 Pro optically to the Dac.
And run your headphones over the Dac.
Then you can turn up the volume of the Dac.
If you are at the party you need a microphone with a 3,5 mm connector, you plug it into the controller and adjust the volume in the Ps menu in the microphone settings.

If the microphone can still be fixed with the headphones then it is best.

Unfortunately this will not work with the upcoming Ps5 because it has only one Hdmi connector.
At the most over the Tv if it has an optical output then it might still work if the sound output on the Tv is optical.
Maybe there will be a Ps 5 pro which will have an optical connection again or with newer Ps 5 versions, who knows.

Thanks Delleh for the tips.

There’s is a solution with a cheep dac/amp, with i can plug my headphone and mic in to then ?

Cheapest option would be something like the Soundblaster G1
It has a 4-pole 3.5mm jack (like your typical smartphone).

From there, you could then use a y-splitter like the one below to get seperate input and output: