Help with finding new IEM

Sorry to hear about your fit issues :disappointed: but it has confirmed my biggest reservation about this set and thatā€™s ā€˜Fitā€™. There was a German guy that had his set up on eBay a while back heā€™d had them for a few weeks but like you had fit issues, he even went as far in this description saying try a set for yourself before bidding lol.

Iā€™m Definitely going to have to wait till UKā€™s CanJam next year but personally I think iā€™m veering more towards the A8000 :man_shrugging:

Good luck with your hunt and please let us know if your opinion on this set changes over time :+1:

Valkyrie is really nice and oddly not as bassy as I thought. Reviewers who think those are really bassy, I am like oh man, they should try mainstream headphones.

lol I am wondering the same thing for Thieaudioā€¦maybe they have different sonic signatures

Will do. I am going to give it another week to decide if I want to return them, but since the Empire Ears sale is this weekend, it might be my best chance right now to buy the Legend X. Only problem is itā€™s going to take like 6-7 weeks for the custom to be built which is definitely the route I am going down. I will definitely try the A8000 for the CanJamā€™s happening this winter and if I like it, will buy it in a couple years. Right now I am set on buying one IEM and the Focal Elex from Drop.

1 Like

Are you UK based?

Yes near Reading :+1:

Great. Sent you a PM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Legend X and A8000 are two vastly different IEMs, Iā€™d definitely recommend auditioning them first, theyā€™re almost at opposite ends of the spectrum - LX is more focused on the low end, while the A8000 is very much more focused on the top end and is quite a bright IEM

1 Like

Quick update, fit is not that bad once your ear gets used to it

2 Likes

I give up with Iems. There are hundreds of them and almost no possibility to test them out before buying. Iā€™ve bought over ten since January and spent over 1.000 between Iems, cables, tips and adapters. Itā€™s and endless pit.

I had read above and I was going to tell you to give it a couple of days and see! Once you get used to seating them, they sick pretty nicely and you donā€™t even notice them!

1 Like

Well there are audio shows and audio stores if you have a store locally. I agree it is kind of like a endless pit, but you can rule out a lot of IEMs once you do more research if you know what you are relatively looking for. I will say that is a lot of different IEMs to spend in a year, you might want to do more research before you buy if you canā€™t try them out.

1 Like

Which ones have you bought mate? and of the ones you have which do you like the most?.. moving on from there what things about your fav set do you like and what do you dislike?
I sorta know what types of music you listen to, but what kinda sound signature do you look for when listening to your music?
Maybe the HFGF hive mind can help with hands on no hype recs?

1 Like

Gonna try in order of purchase:

• 1 More triple driver. Mediocre at best. Gave it to my father together with a Sony NW45 (he loves them god bless his soul)

• Tin T3, horrible death by treble. Will sell if I find a masochist who likes them.

• Blon 03 ( two sets, theyā€™re allright) Cheap enough to keep around just in case.

• Trn V90. Donā€™t like them, soundā€¦ unrefined?.

• Kz Zsx. Donā€™t like them. Same as above.

• Tri i3, excellent for vocals an jazz. Good soundstage. Maybe a bit shouty in the high mids? A bit treble recessed. With my new Spiral dots itā€™s a keeper. Needs lots of power to sound good ( xDuoo XD-05 plus high gain 12 oā€™clock or balanced with the iBasso Dx160).

• OH10 nice and punchy but lacks in vocals. Use it in exteriors mostly, something about them makes them work nice while in noisy surroundings. Donā€™t like the for jazz specially but can do with most genres.

• Urbanfun Ysfwhatever. Good for 50 bucks I guess but I find them thin sounding specially in the mids. Will sellā€¦

• Isn H40, quite good. Nice soundstage, balanced, good subbass and very laid back and relaxed, also very good for jazz but not as good in mids as i3 (close though), can play anything: rock, house, percussion, a decent jack of all trades. Tips I use are Azla light short and Spiral dots. First ones help with the bass and latter with treble but are very similar overall.

• Isn D10, V shaped similar sound signature to the H40 but not as good. Will sell.

And I think thatā€™s it. I like soundstage, warmth with decent subbass and good mids but in many occasions saxo and trumpets hurt my teeth. ( Not with the H40). I like detail but not at the cost of too much treble ( which Iā€™m starting to realize people confuse these two).

My favourites are Isn H40 and i3. But I have the feeling that I want better. Not really know what to be honest. ( Hence the importance of trying them befor buying)

Tips:

Foams: bought Dekoni and Xcessor. Hate foams, to my ears destroy the bass and body.

Silicon: Symbios are good to increase bass but decrease clarity. Spinfit CP145 are quite comfortable but also on the bassy side. Ikko silicones that come with the OH10 are quite good but a bit uncomfortable to me, Spiral dots are very similar sound wise (wide bore) bit more comfortable. My favourites Also have the forementioned Azla which are very nice.

Well there we go, I donā€™t thin Iā€™ve written this long before, Iā€™m exhausted, going for a beerā€¦

3 Likes

Ok I think youā€™re based in Spain? iā€™m not sure if Spain hosts a Canjam? but next year the UK will try again hopefully :pray: might be worth a weekend jolly to try some higher end sets?

Listening to your ā€œOn earth as it is in heavenā€ track my FH7ā€™s makes it sound pretty good, good bass. very slightly recessed mids and good controlled treble that never gets shoutyā€¦On the other hand the Androā€™s have an amazing mid/treble presentation, with detail for days, treble pushes but never gets too much (read ethereal detail) Bass is fast and with the right tip/ear match itā€™s there when needed, no sub bass stuff but perfect for me, fast, layered and not bloated.
If I could pick one of my sets to listen to that track then it would be Androā€™s all day longā€¦5th listen on them now lol.

1 Like

Yes sir. But in Ibiza island there are no audio stores. Closest one is in Valencia, in the mainland

Might be nice to try those ones. I bought the FH5 in January but had to send them back, couldnā€™t get a nice sealing with the included eartips. (if I had known what I know now about tipsā€¦)

That would be very cool, if it happens in the winter Iā€™ll go. In the summer I work 12/7. ( Well except this year, the season hasnā€™t started yet :no_mouth:

Edit: I also sent back the Shozy Form 1.1. Very hyped, very boringā€¦ IMO of courseā€¦

1 Like