Help with periapt cables

I’ve been considering getting a periapt cable for my TR-X00 PH for a while now but I have some concerns that may be make or break for a $90 or more cable.

My biggest concern is the Y-split piece. I know periapt will try to accommodate any requests but I am hoping someone will be able to provide a picture of what periapt does for a smaller Y-split piece.

The other thing is microphonics. If anyone could comment on the microphonics of periapt cables or what they use for a low microphonics option that would be greatly appreciated. Again, any pictures would be nice.

Thanks for any help.

Also if anyone knows of a cheaper option or one that solves these issues I would love to hear about it.

I was looking at periapt as well. The Y split is probably the biggest turn off for me. Try OIDIOSOUND. Another person recommended them. I haven’t bought anything yet, so I’m not sure how well they are made.

1 Like

Those cables look quite nice but I don’t think they make the fostex connector for TR-X00, TH-610, TH-900, etc. At least I’d didn’t find it.

There really isn’t a cheap fostex connector style cable atm without polarity issues from what I’ve seen. Fostex charges alot for those connectors to buy from them, so it adds to the price of the cable alot

1 Like

I have the Periapt cable for my TR-X00 Ebony and I like it quite a bit. I’m not near it right now, so I can’t take a pic, and I want to say I went with the 6’ balanced option. The stock cables kept getting caught up under the wheels of my desk chair, so the reduced length is nice. The Y split is quite a bit bulkier than the stock Y, but it doesn’t annoy me to the degree that they seem to annoy Zeos in his reviews. I have had it get stuck on my desk though, and if I had to review headphones every day it would probably bother me more. Again, I’m not at home to report on the microphonics, but it didn’t ever seem to be an issue for me that I can recall.

Why did fostex have to take an already existing connector and reverse it like that. I would still like a proper looking connector but if not for the polarity thing I could just use the cable from my HD58X.

2 Likes

Proprietary connectors are a staple of any good business, how could you forget

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not too worried about microphonics as periapt cables look to be a softer cloth than the stock cables. I’m mostly just trying to find out what exactly periapt has done for others when they requested a smaller split if low microphonics. It will probably be worth it but it is still $89-115 for a cable. Damn fostex with there stupid backwards Sennheiser connectors.