Help with these picks

Hi Guys i have chosen theses headset what would you remove from the list. I’m licensing to Rap, Hip-hop, Reggeaton, Trap, Spanish Music. Focal ELEX vs DT 1990 PRO, Hifiman Anandas, HIFIMAN SUNDARA, HD 6xx. Like some bass, vocals and highs dont like bass overpowering my music tho ill be gaming as well on pc

What amplifier do you currently use?

1 Like

I’ll be buying a new amp as well a shitz one maybe asgard or something in that line.

Welcome to the forum! What is your current setup that you’d be coming from, and what do you want to be different?

Off the top, I’ve only heard the Elex of the options given, but I think it would work well for the genres you mention preferring. They are quite lively and dynamic. However, for gaming they may not be quite as well suited as something like the DT1990 Pro due to the somewhat unique Focal imaging/staging.

1 Like

I currently dont have a setup ill be getting everything new.

Gotcha…ok, so what do you currently listen to for music and gaming? Jumping straight to the Elex/1990/Ananda tier might not be highly advised, unless you are pretty certain of your preferences, which it helps to have reference to some sound signatures on lower tier gear. Have you demo’d any of those you’ve listed, or would you have the ability to?

1 Like

That current headphones i have are a gaming headset Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless running of my pc motherboard is a gigabyte z390 master. I licensing to Rap, Hip-hop, Reggeaton, Trap, Spanish Music

haven’t listened to all of those headphones, but the elex, sundara i have. and if you listen to rap, hip-hop etc i wouldn’t suggest those two in particular. when it comes to bassy headphones i have only heard the nighthawks but i would suggest something more along those lines, i’ve heard good stuff about audeze and fostex cans for bass but i can’t speak for it. either way most of the headphones u listed are either more neutral or brighter so i would suggest looking at the opposite of the spectrum! ALTHO all of those would be a significant step up lol so u probably can’t go wrong

1 Like

I have the 6xx and the Anandas, for gaming I like 6xx for the more intimate and accurate imaging. For music apart from the glorious 6xx vocals Ananda’s are far superior in everything else imo. Dt1990s I have never listened before but I do have the dt990 premium and the silbilance I can’t deal with. Elex also haven’t tried but heard loads of good things. Idk if you would consider the elegia they are doing a sick deal currently at the adoroma I think it’s worth throwing in the mixer. It’s a closed back though…

1 Like

if your patient, I would highly suggest the t60rp argons. they check all of your boxes. And i mean really patient right now. Ryan is way behind atm, massive orders.

what type of gaming? the senn’s have a narrow soundstage, not great for fps. perfectly fine for everything else. the dt’s have a wide soundstage, but are treble accented. sundara are mid light. elex QC fails and they have little bass.

Have you looked into the beyer tygr’s? They check your boxes rather well. If your in the US, you can buy just the headphones.

1 Like

Well I bought the Anandas and looking at the xfi zendac or the asgard3 with moduis dac or something in that price range. Thanks for everyone input and help.