Hi-Fi Speakers who can handle Saturate sound & BPM

Gotcha, so you would just run a 3.5mm from your sound card line out to a rca into your pa3. If you wanted to add a dac down the line you could. If you want a physical EQ, you could add the schiit loki in the chain by going from Soundcard line out → to loki → to pa3

Yes ! Is there precaution to take to not damage the hardware ? (I saw a video where Zeos bought two amp, one for each speaker in mono, i didn’t understand if it was because the amp in stereo was burning)

Is there EU shop who made “fair” price ?

Just be careful with your volume, not really worry about what z is doing lol.

I can’t really help you here since I am not in the EU, but anything under 650 usd I would say would be a fair price in europe

I’ve find everything except the Loki EQ from Schiit. Even on the EU shop, it’s out of stock. Is there other EQ with the same quality ? Because Zeos said than the other EQ he tested was less good than the Schiit loki. ( JDS Labs Obj 3 / SUBJECTIVE3 )

You will have to start looking into semi pro gear, the Behringer MiniFBQ FBQ800 will get the job done, but it does feel pretty cheap

Yeah, i’ve already saw it by digging. But people say than is not good as it should be. They seem a little bit disappointed.

Yes a good hardware eq is pretty expensive from my experience, for pro gear at least. Something of similar quality to the Loki is the Bellari EQ570, but I don’t know if you could get them over there

So i’ve receive everything. I think i will need an EQ. For the moment, i’m directly on the motherboard soundcard (Soundblaster X-Fi integrated). I’ve an ASUS xonar phoebus in PCI-Express, it will be maybe better (with more bass).

I would make sure to disable any sonic enhancements or spatial enhancements or any of that stuff. Also the speakers do need to break in to get moving properly, play them at a bit louder than listening for a few days to get them moving

1 Like

Yeah. Need to let the speaker time to be more soften. It’s already better. This is funny, because on a youtube video, i heard new sound (the guy is knocking on the table). I’ve never heard thoses little sound with my shitty logitech speaker.

For the moment, i use the equalizer of VLC, just to see what can be down. I think i will go for the mini DSP HD, it seem really good for the price. Sadly, we can’t control it with knobs but i’ve two screen on my computer, so i will find a way.

1 Like

The mini dsp hd is a pretty neat device, should do what you want with lots of features :+1:

I just come back to give a feedback about my setup after some month of tries. So, to remember, i’ve bought the Topping pa3 amp with the Klipsch RP600M speakers. The sound is just amazing. I heard sound than i didn’t heard before. When i watch a youtube video, sometimes i heard people hit their table like if they were in the same room as me.

After month of tries to get a Schiit loki without success in Europa, i decided to buy a mini dsp HD. To have a good EQ. I believe than i will not be disappointed. Thanks MON again for all your good advice. I’m really glad to had this conv with you.

And thanks Z reviews for all thoses good video about sound hardware !

1 Like

Hmm, awesome. Good tunes without breaking the bank.

Yeah. Just be careful, there is a little lack of bass sound. But i think than the EQ is able to fix that.

1 Like

Going to copy your setup and add a pair of subs. :loud_sound::musical_note::loud_sound:

1 Like

Nice. Start with my config then. You will see later if you need subs or not. ^^

1 Like

I come back again after testing the Mini DSP 2x4HD.

Be carefull, Mini DSP 2x4HD don’t have acces to the Mini DSP graphic UI (Orange/Black one, you will have the grey UI). Better to choose Mini DSP 2x4 and not Mini DSP 2x4HD. The software of Mini DSP HD, is a little bit awkward to use. You can’t really move point on the graphic with your mouse.

You can plug-in directly with USB. No need to have a soundcard on the computer. It’s working like an external Sound card. But i prefer to use analog input.

Else, the EQ seem ok for the price. But i think i would have prefer the Schiit loki EQ. The software of the mini DSP HD is a little bit complicated to use. I don’t really understand everything. I’m not a sound expert so i would have prefer to just turn knobs.

1 Like

It’s me again. I figure out a problem. I had a speaker less loud than the other one.
It’s was because the miniDSP put a xover high or low frequency filter of 1000 on each output. I post this comment just to warn miniDSP owner to check out if there is not a XOVER activated on one output channel.

By default (factory setting), all output have a low or high pass filter activated. Best is to bypass them. Else, you will have sound issues.

Since i fix it, the sound is just amazing on my setup. It’s really what i was expecting to listening music.

2 Likes