Hiby R6Pro - Scratches on screen

I am pretty new to the world of high end audio so decided to jump in with a good DAP in order to get the ball rolling as most of my audio listening is while im travelling for work, However when i got the R6 Pro and unboxed it i took off the screen protector to find scratches running up and down the screen both front and back.

I have discussed it with their customer service team who didnt do a fantastic job, They offered to send me a leather case if it wasnt scratched then when I confirmed it was and sent them a video of me cleaning it with alcohol as they recommended; They shut that down and said I can either return it for a refund and repurchase it or they cant do anything…

Has this happened with anyone else?

And is it worth Rebuying it once I get the refund? im pretty turned off the company but have heard good things about the product…

That kinda sucks and I agree the company didn’t handle it well from what you say, I guess I would listen to it for a few days to see what you think of it and then return it. I haven’t heard of this happening before. For if it’s worth it or not to buy it again, I would base that off of the short time you spend with it

Thanks for the reply, I spent a few days using it and it was fantastic but it has gotten me thinking if the price tag would be better spent on a DAC which I could use both on my computer and hooked up to my phone. Something like the FIIO Q1ii for example?

Dont know how well those stack up compaired to a full on DAP or if the only thing you are missing out on is the independance of them not needing to run off of a phone.

So, how much do you value having a separate device? I think if you aren’t really drawn to the separate nature of it I would go with a dac amp imo

That is a question i have been scratching my chin about over the past few days, most of the time i would want it for its portability is when i would also reach for ANC cans instead of either my PortaPros or new hd660s.

Its probably worth having a look at what has been asked previously but as i seem to have drawn the ear of someone quite knowledgeable :stuck_out_tongue: would you recommend getting a dac amp like the q1ii then spending the money i have saved on a set of tubes for when i can relax at my desk?

Hmmm, so your headphones are the 660s and the portapro? You could grab something like an ifi idsd nano black label (that pairs well with both headphones and there isn’t a need to go balanced), and then grab a cheaper tube or solid state amp for the desk and use the ifi as a dac on the desk feeding the amp

Thank you very much for your help! I think i will be following your advice with that, maybe pick up the Little Dot MK iii to give tubes a go for the first time

1 Like

Nice, that’s pretty sweet, all you would need is a 3.5mm to rca if you went with the portable/dac amp