🔶 Hiby R6pro

So my case came in and it has cutouts for the buttons. Did you pick up the r6 case or the r6 pro case? I’m ok with how this is but I’m curious if yours has leather over the buttons? And can you see your power button light under the case?

Edit: I checked Amazon and my box and both say r6 pro version. Odd… Mine seems like the r6 version.

Pic of mine

1 Like

Hey @Rhodey I just checked Amazon and I ordered the R6Pro case. It does cover the buttons with a cut-out over the power button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082GR6VFL/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_NAJWEbYQJ75TN

Link to the case I bought.

1 Like

Pic of my R6Pro and Fearless S8Fs (top) and new Thieaudio Legacy 9s. You can see the covered buttons…

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and link. Yeah, I contacted them and they’re going to send a replacement. I definitely ordered the same as you but black. We will see.

1 Like

Awesome, hope they hook you up with the one you wanted!

1 Like

Thanks! We will see.

1 Like

FWIW, I bought my R6 Pro as a bundle direct from Hiby around its launch and got the exact same case as you. I have the stainless player, though, which has concave buttons. I really like the cutout on my case because I can still find the buttons by touch, and I really like the concave feel.

2 Likes

Interesting how the cases are different on the Hiby site and Amazon. The cutout version is supposed to the the r6 and the non cutout is r6 pro. If they say it’s how they’re shipping them now then that’s cool but I just found it odd.

Figured out why the cases are different. The one you and I have are version 1 for the r6 pro. The other one, with the buttons covered/no cutouts is the 1.2 or 2nd version. They said it has a little more padding on the bottom. Hiby said they’re sending me one of the new ones for free. Told me to keep the current one because the picture is incorrect.

3 Likes

Perfect for blon03 :smile:

3 Likes

So I just got the hiby r5, assuming the software is the same for the r6 pro and the r5 for the most part. Went to use the line out mode in the car and noticed I still had volume control. Am I missing something or is that just how it is? If that’s how it is, why bother having a line out mode? Educate me please.

Plenty of power :ok_hand:

3 Likes