HIDIZS S8 and other portable audio DAC/Amp Solutions

Hey, everyone. I am not sure how many people here use portable DAC/Amps with their phone considering the popularity of DAPs on the forum. But I just purchased the HIDISZ S8 to use with Galaxy S20+ and I am seriously impressed with the sound quality and power. I’ve tried my Sennheiser 58x, Sony MDR-EX800STs, and Acoustic Research AR-E10s and all of them sounded great. Notably, even my Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pros got plenty of loudness from it. However on the DT1990s, the bass felt a bit looser and the treble a little thinner, yet slightly harsher from A/B between my desktop setup and the S8. But it could just be in my head.

What about everyone else? Any other HIDIZS S8 users out there? What is your portable audio solution? Any other recommendations?

FiiO has like 4 or 5 options.

https://www.fiio.com/bluetooth_products

also, what is your budget? there are some VERY premium options as well.

Ah no real budget. I was just looking at creating a discussion on portable solutions and maybe discovering some new portable options I haven’t considered. If I find something I like, I might give this HIDIZS S8 to my girlfriend and buy a better one. However, it seems at the current price point that doesn’t really touches the HIDISZ S8.

At this point, I am using the HIDISZ S8 as a wired solution, but those bluetooth solutions from FiiO might be a next step with everything moving to wireless. I looked at the TRN BT20S, but reviews seem mixed on how long they last. I know FiiO had a similar product as well.